Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 20mb broadband & Phillips Phone - help!

• 17-02-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43

I just got UPC 20mb broadband. It's great compared to the Imagine broadband that I previously had, but I have a problem that I hope someone can help me with -
    I have 2 Philips CD155 duo phones that I used with my old Imagine Broadband (though I purchased them separately). They worked by just plugging via phone cord into the back of the Imagine modem. Since changing over to UPC I have ported my tel number over too. But when I plug my Philips phone into the back of the UPC mode it just says 'searching' and does not recognise the line. I think that the phone needs to be reset, but the manual only offers an option to do this through the phone menus - which do not work if the phone is 'searching!'

I urgently need to get the phones working as I work from home - would anyone have any ideas?? Thank you:-).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Did you pay for the phone service too? If so, why don't you use the supplied Siemens phone from UPC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 jillette

I need to use the 2 x Phillips phones so that I can have one in the house plugged into the modem, and one in my office in a shed outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

You do know that it takes a couple of weeks to port over your number to UPC. I only got connected this week and was definitely told that. Probably unrelated to your issue but just in case.

Thanks for the tip but UPC have confirmed that the port has definitely been completed. But they say that they only have technical support for the Siemens phone that they supply with the deal:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Have a look at this thread from below on thsi forum

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056100751

• Advertisement

Thanks all - problem now solved, and very simply - I let the phones power down completely - and when they powered up again they automatically registered on the new network!

Advertisement