Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom just outside Fermoy

Options
  • 17-02-2011 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm living just outside Fermoy, in Clondulane. I got Eircom in a few months, back new connections, etc. In work we have access to the Eircom Dealer Channel and I can see that my line is only capable of a 3Mb line. It says Non-Standard Delivery. This was the same issue when I was getting in the line installed in the first place.

I orderd a bundle online, engineer called out to install the line, bundle was never ordered, was told when I rang that after the engineer installed the line I was to ring and order again. Anyway, when I rang and ordered I was told my line doesn't quailfy for Broadband, got that sorted eventually and was told that my line is passing with Green and I can get the max Broadband that eircom could offer that the time was 7Mb package. I choose the 3Mb package or cost reasons.

When the exchange is upgraded for NGB will this allow my to get better speeds, or am I limited to a max of 3Mb/s

Rgds
    Chris

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

I'm living just outside Fermoy, in Clondulane. I got Eircom in a few months, back new connections, etc. In work we have access to the Eircom Dealer Channel and I can see that my line is only capable of a 3Mb line. It says Non-Standard Delivery. This was the same issue when I was getting in the line installed in the first place.

I orderd a bundle online, engineer called out to install the line, bundle was never ordered, was told when I rang that after the engineer installed the line I was to ring and order again. Anyway, when I rang and ordered I was told my line doesn't quailfy for Broadband, got that sorted eventually and was told that my line is passing with Green and I can get the max Broadband that eircom could offer that the time was 7Mb package. I choose the 3Mb package or cost reasons.

When the exchange is upgraded for NGB will this allow my to get better speeds, or am I limited to a max of 3Mb/s

Rgds
    Chris

Hi Chris

Can you private message me with your eircom account or telephone number and I can test the line directly and get back to you.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi,

Rgds
    Chris

Hi Chris,

I got your DM thanks and I PM you back let me know if you have any follow up issues.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement