Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone and Eirecom routers

• 17-02-2011 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi Guys::)

I was wondering can I use the Eirecom router in place of my Vodafone Huawei hg556a router that I am using now for my broadband connection. Are both the Vodafone and Eirecom routers interchangeable? If so how? Any ideas on this guys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

it will work,
    all you'll need to do is changed the username / password in the eircom modem.

how to do this:

Open Internet Explorer.
    Type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar,
    1. Click 'Expert Mode' (on the left hand side).
    2. Click the 'Yes' button to enter 'Expert Mode'.
    3. Click 'Configure' on the left hand side.
    4. Click the link for 'Connection' (beneath the Configure link).
    5. Remove any username and password and enter your vodafone@vodafone.ie as the username and broadband as your password.
    6. Click 'Save and Restart Connection'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 chaso312

Thanks m8 for that helpful information. That really has answered all that I needed to know so now I will give it a shot and see what happens. cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Nemeses

chaso312 wrote: »
    Thanks m8 for that helpful information. That really has answered all that I needed to know so now I will give it a shot and see what happens. cheers

No problem :D

Advertisement