Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laurent Garnier "L.B.S Tour" 5 Hour Set @ Tripod - 24/4/2011

Options
  • 17-02-2011 3:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

laurentgarnier.jpg

Master techno DJ and producer LAURENT GARNIER is set to play live at TRIPOD on Easter Sunday 24th April, when he returns to Dublin with his critically lionised dancefloor-igniting “L.B.S” live tour.

Conceived after 18 months on tour with a full live band, L.B.S. or “Live Booth Sessions” featuring Garnier alongside two live musicians, sees the Frenchman combine the versatility and flexibility of his legendary solo DJ sets with the ability to experiment tracks live on stage.

Says Garnier: "After eighteen months on tour with my musicians, I began to realize that I could get as much pleasure from playing live in a festival as I could from DJ-ing in clubs. Whilst on tour, we developed a very open style of playing: interacting, improvising, and expressing ourselves freely, something that I thought I could only achieve through my DJ sets.”

Offering the best of both worlds, the L.B.S. show will see Garnier joined in the booth by Benjamin Rippert on keys and Stephane ‘Scan X’ Dri on machines, for a fluid five-hour improvised fusion of jazz, house, and techno guaranteed to work the dance floor.

Check out some live video footage here:

L.B.S @ Nuits Sonores :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHb_m57sHfk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfBQsOY5G3k

L.B.S @ Rex Club:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OwiRJQUP0Y

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xdbs6c_laurent-garnier-rexclub-13mai2010-p_music

POD Presents
    LAURENT GARNIER
    “Live Booth Sessions” - 5 hour set

Easter Sunday 24th April 2011
    Tripod – Harcourt St – Dublin 2.
    Doors – 9pm
    Tickets €25.00/€29.50 (inc. booking fee) available from Ticketmaster, City Discs, and usual outlets. www.ticketmaster.ie

www.laurentgarnier.com

www.myspace.com/laurentgarnier

LAURENT GARNIER presents « L.B.S »

With the "Tales of a Kleptomaniac" tour recently over, Laurent Garnier is going back on the
    road with a new tour entitled "L.B.S"
    Only three letters but several different meanings:
    "Laurent + Ben + Stephane"………"Live Booth Sessions"……."Loud Bass & Samples"

This is only the beginning for this new, very club orientated project that will bring together Laurent Garnier (DJ & machines), Benjamin Rippert (keyboards) and Stephane "Scan X" Dri (machines).
    "After eighteen months on tour with my musicians, I began to realize that I could get as much pleasure from playing live in a festival as I could from DJ-ing in clubs. Whilst on tour, we developed a very open style of playing: interacting, improvising, and expressing ourselves freely, something that I thought I could only achieve through my DJ sets.”

“It was obvious that after a long period spent touring round some of the biggest festivals, I was going to feel an overwhelming desire to go back to my roots (clubs and records), but the idea of finding myself alone behind two decks was impossible. So why not combine the two?
    Why not play other people’s records alongside my own tracks, played live? Why not put the two together to make one? After more than twenty years spent DJ-ing I really wanted to take it a step further. Sometimes, when I see other DJs playing out today I get the feeling that they’re bored, that they don’t get off on what they’re doing anymore. It is very clear to me why the idea behind L.B.S came to life because not only will it give my work a new lease of life, it will also offer a new and very different experience to club goers."

Straight out of the DJ booths of some of the best clubs on the planet, L.B.S offers the best of both worlds by combining the versatility and flexibility of the DJ set with the ability to experiment tracks live. Two decks, a Rhodes, several keyboards and machines will be used to create organic improvised four-hour sets guaranteed to work the dance floor.

"I especially want to carry on creating and exploring whether through Dj-ing or playing live. But also, get even closer to the public than we can in a festival. During the live sections of L.B.S I will be developing and fine-tuning new tracks in front of (and with) the crowd to create the live of the future, but also to test out new tracks. We’ll be taking our time, something that isn’t really the done thing nowadays!! One thing is sure, the dance floor never lies…

Alongside Benjamin and Scan X I’ll be creating tracks live for my next tour and for my future releases."
    In view of the amazing feedback on the net after a couple of "test" dates that L.B.S
    performed in the spring of 2010, the tour will officially begin at the end of October 2010 with a myriad of dates in Europe. It will continue throughout 2011 around the rest of the world.

This follows on from an 18-month Laurent Garnier tour performing live in festivals all over the world with tracks taken from his album ‘Tales of a Kleptomaniac’, the final date being at the Grand Palais in Paris on 9th October 2010.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Can't wait for this, the videos of the tour look amazing. Although it's only four hour sets they're playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

id be very very suprised if it was a 5hr set

i was recently at john digweed, meant to be 4hr set, but it turned out to be 2hr set, and of course the usual 'flight delayed' excuse.

its not the 1st time, infact can think of 3 other gigs the same excuse was used.. sick of the club anyways its got alot worse the last few years and if i went to this gig id only be expecting the usual 2hr set to the false advertisement that they use to get the numbers in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭515 tripod

madma wrote: »
    id be very very suprised if it was a 5hr set

i was recently at john digweed, meant to be 4hr set, but it turned out to be 2hr set, and of course the usual 'flight delayed' excuse.

its not the 1st time, infact can think of 3 other gigs the same excuse was used.. sick of the club anyways its got alot worse the last few years and if i went to this gig id only be expecting the usual 2hr set to the false advertisement that they use to get the numbers in.

Thats not really the case. John Digweed was booked for a 4 hour set. Last time he was in Tripod he did 4 hours.
    This time however, because of the Air Lingus action his flight was delayed. Its was completely out of our control.

Look at this way, John Digweed or any other DJ's management and agencies would not let us advertise something if it was not the truth.

515 tripod wrote: »
    Thats not really the case. John Digweed was booked for a 4 hour set. Last time he was in Tripod he did 4 hours.
    This time however, because of the Air Lingus action his flight was delayed. Its was completely out of our control.

Look at this way, John Digweed or any other DJ's management and agencies would not let us advertise something if it was not the truth.

also the last time laurent played he played 4 x hours with scan x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

Any truth in the rumor that the Tripod is going to be closed for ever?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

515 tripod wrote: »

thats probably a load of bollix right there! if the guy was definitely meant to do a long set then why fly him in with no real window for delays?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

Any truth in the rumor that the Tripod is going to be closed for ever?

there's not many businesses in Ireland too far away from closing forever so maybe. would be a loss to a lot of people who seem to think it's worth raving about and also to some of the arrogant **** involved in the place! time will tell I suppose

whoopdedoo wrote: »
    thats probably a load of bollix right there! if the guy was definitely meant to do a long set then why fly him in with no real window for delays?

No its not. Laurent Garnier, Scan X and Ben Rippert will be playing a 5hr set. Doors open at 9pm on the 24th of April, they will be on stage from 10pm.

This tour is getting massive reviews! Its going to be a great night!

Keep on eye on Facebook tomorrow for details of an exclusive comp.

www.facebook.com/515Tripod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 technomalta

hi there me and my friends are going to be visiting Dublin for easter and are looking into going to this party.

We'r from Malta... a lot of big names from the techno scene have visited the island but Garnier never came over and we know he's a great artist.

Can we buy tickets online please? like to site.... also we'r going to be staying at Tampel bar area..... is it far away from the venue by foot?
    if possable we what to see a bit of Dublin on our way :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

hi there me and my friends are going to be visiting Dublin for easter and are looking into going to this party.

We'r from Malta... a lot of big names from the techno scene have visited the island but Garnier never came over and we know he's a great artist.

Can we buy tickets online please? like to site.... also we'r going to be staying at Tampel bar area..... is it far away from the venue by foot?
    if possable we what to see a bit of Dublin on our way :)

Hey guys,

You can buy tickets from here :

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/Laurent-Garnier-tickets/artist/910437

You can walk to the venue from Temple Bar in about 15 or 20 minutes....

(depending on how fast you walk!)

It could be around 5 or 6 euros in a taxi from Temple Bar/Dame Street area....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 technomalta

thanks for your help... looking forward for next monday to be on your beautifully country!!

greetings from tiny Malta

As Mr Field Dog said.

We also have a VIP Deal. 6 People can get VIP entry to the club, a table in VIP Area and a Bottle of Vodka + Mixers. For more info on this contact conor@pod.ie

We also have a ticket deal of 5 people entry for €90 which is soon to go up on www.ticketmaster.ie. The only condition is that all 5 arrive at the venue together.

Enjoy your stay,

Tripod

Hi Guys,

So just to give a refresh on this Sunday night. Doors open at 9pm with LRB and Matador. Laurent Garnier, Scan X and Benjamin Rippert will take to the stage at 10pm sharp for the live 5hr L.B.S set.

Our VIP comp which ran through Facebook is now closed! If you would like to book a VIP table for 6 people including entry, Vodka and Mixers e-mail conor@pod.ie. There are only limited tables available for this.

We also have a 5 person ticket available on ticketmaster. This admits 5 people to the venue for €90, representing a €35 saving. The only condition is that all 5 people arrive at the venue together.

Student tickets are also available from ticketmaster and at the door for €20. You must have a valid student ID to get entry to the club with this ticket.

VIP Balcony tickets are available for €29.50. General Admission tickets are €25

More info and deal on www.facebook.com/515tripod.

All the best,

POD

Advertisement