Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any dates on Gingerbread (Android 2.3) release by Three?

• 17-02-2011 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

As per topic, anyone have any ideas?
    I've recently gotten my hands on a Desire HD, and have the 2.3 SDK - what I'm wondering is what are Three like with release updates, am I better rooting my phone and flashing it myself or waiting for the OTA update? (I'd rather not flash a stock OS on top of the custom Three version for fear of bricking the phone, or losing all my settings)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

HTC have said that gingerbread is coming "two to three" months after the S line of phones is launched in Q2. Sounds like it couldd be september before the current line-up get some Ginger loving. Probably another month or two before Three push it out. What features are you looking for?

I'm not sure there are any true gingerbread ROMs out there yet? Just skins for 2.2? That said I have downloaded the gingerbread keyboard is available and is so much better than stock FroYo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

You could try asking on the Three hosted forum here on boards. Doubt they'll actually have an answer but wonders will never cease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭MC_G

vinylbomb wrote: »
    As per topic, anyone have any ideas?
    I've recently gotten my hands on a Desire HD, and have the 2.3 SDK - what I'm wondering is what are Three like with release updates, am I better rooting my phone and flashing it myself or waiting for the OTA update? (I'd rather not flash a stock OS on top of the custom Three version for fear of bricking the phone, or losing all my settings)

You're going to want to look at MoDaCo, xda, or cyanogen first for 2.3 or 2.3 based roms. You really wouldn't be building much with the sdk fwiw, it's for app development primarily.

To build from source for a ROM is a whole different ballgame, but it can be done if you have the right set-up and some knowledge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Install a custom rom, you will be waiting at least 6 months (I guess) for 3 to release gingerbread.

The only way to get Gingerbread officially right now is to buy a Nexus S (which is awesome).

Advertisement