Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hwo do I officially drop out?

Options
  • 17-02-2011 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Had a bit of trouble finding this on the UCD website, but how do I officially leave college?

Do I just go into the student desk and say "I want to drop out", sign something and hand them my student card, or is there a form or something I've to fill out beforehand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Telchak

OSI wrote: »
    Go to student desk and ask. Even if there is something else you have to do they'll at least be able to tell you.

Indeed, just hoping that I only have to make one trip out instead of two :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Just go to your program office and fill in a form and you're done.

Awesome, thanks guys :D

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭brokenhinge

It's the program office. I did once, you've to fill in a form.

If you can lie and say you lost your student card-keep it for the discounts. Also do it fairly sharpish, in case you want to come back, though I think the half fees deadline will have passed by this stage.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,248 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

It's the program office. I did once, you've to fill in a form.

If you can lie and say you lost your student card-keep it for the discounts. Also do it fairly sharpish, in case you want to come back, though I think the half fees deadline will have passed by this stage.

Good luck!
    20 days too late, he'll be paying full if he comes back

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    20 days too late, he'll be paying full if he comes back

I'm a second year, so I think I would have had to pay regardless :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Telchak wrote: »
    I'm a second year, so I think I would have had to pay regardless :p

You would have had to pay for first year and first semester in second year, but if you had dropped out before the deadline you would not have had to pay for fees for the second semester in second year.

Advertisement