Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grad. Dip. Primary Versus B.Ed Primary Teaching.

Options
  • 17-02-2011 3:54pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32

Hi Guys,

I would really appreciate if any Mary I student past or present can give me their honest perspective on the differences (positives/negatives) in doing a Graduate Diploma in Primary Teaching opposed to a Bachelor of Education in Primary Teaching.

After completing a degree that I no longer have a passion for (Accounting/Finance 2:2) I am seriously considering in applying for either of these two options.

However, I am slightly sceptical of the Grad Dip, as Im worried that on completion, would a perspective employer/Principal treat me with the same academic standard as a B.Ed?

Also, would I as a Grad. Dip student have the same post graduate opportunities as a B.Ed graduate?

Finally, if anyone is doing the Grad Dip, I would really appreciate advise on its course structure and subjects?

Le Meas!

Advertisement