Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dell delivery.....in Kazakhstan?? WTF? (photo attached)

• 17-02-2011 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Basically I bought a new Dell Inspiron Duo from dell.ie last Sunday. Eagerly awaiting for the UPS van I decided to track my item and see its progress over the last few days.

However I was blown away by the sheer amount of Countries my little Dell has been transported to: China, Germany, Kazakhstan....I mean its travelled more than I have for God's sake!! :D

I think its pretty funny but I wonder if there is an explanation as to why it left China for Germany, then returned to China and had to go to Korea, to return to Germany only to end up in fecking Kazakhstan?? Whats going on with my new gadget have UPS decided to give it a little tour of the world?? :pac:

I rang UPS and they said it is in transit and it will be here monday. But I'm eager to know as to why this happened in the first place.

Any ideas or similar stories? Do share,

Thanks!
    http://i51.tinypic.com/lzbbb.jpg

a%3E7

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

Shipment Progress list states "Local Time". Allowing for timezones, the real order may have been: China, Korea, Kazakhstan, Germany?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

Maybe Borat has to give it his approval.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It's travelling almost quicker than Santa at Christmas. China - Germany - China - Korea - Germany - Kazakhstan in 36 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

I was amazed to see its journey when I got my laptop off em as well. Although I think the Germany location may be just an automated thing where the depot in Germany clears it in the various Eastern locations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

I think that the german side of things is just somebody updating the system saying the package has been received in Korea, China, Kazakstan etc etc. Dont think it actually goes to Germany at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Mine was the same.. China, Poland etc etc made no sense tbh but it arrived on time. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I ordered 3 days ago, for some reason my estimated delivery date is the 28th of March!.

This seems ... excessive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

jayjay2010 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Basically I bought a new Dell Inspiron Duo from dell.ie last Sunday. Eagerly awaiting for the UPS van I decided to track my item and see its progress over the last few days.

However I was blown away by the sheer amount of Countries my little Dell has been transported to: China, Germany, Kazakhstan....I mean its travelled more than I have for God's sake!! :D

I think its pretty funny but I wonder if there is an explanation as to why it left China for Germany, then returned to China and had to go to Korea, to return to Germany only to end up in fecking Kazakhstan?? Whats going on with my new gadget have UPS decided to give it a little tour of the world?? :pac:

I rang UPS and they said it is in transit and it will be here monday. But I'm eager to know as to why this happened in the first place.

Any ideas or similar stories? Do share,

Thanks!
    http://i51.tinypic.com/lzbbb.jpg

a%3E7

Something simliar happened to me when I ordered my new Dell laptop, it was created in China, sent to Hong Kong, then on to Kazhakstan, waited in Kazhakstan while EU Customs forms were being prepared in Germany, then sent to Poland for onwards transmission to London (where I am now).

Actually, this thread reminds me of the whole "TRAIN DERAILED" status update thingy:

http://mendingshift.wordpress.com/2008/10/09/train-derailment-or-ups-covering-for-ineptness/

Something simliar happened to me when I ordered my new Dell laptop, it was created in China, sent to Hong Kong, then on to Kazhakstan, waited in Kazhakstan while EU Customs forms were being prepared in Germany, then sent to Poland for onwards transmission to London (where I am now).

Actually, this thread reminds me of the whole "TRAIN DERAILED" status update thingy:

http://mendingshift.wordpress.com/2008/10/09/train-derailment-or-ups-covering-for-ineptness/

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=68173060

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

borat-high-five.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Jumpy wrote: »
    I ordered 3 days ago, for some reason my estimated delivery date is the 28th of March!.

This seems ... excessive.

I wouldn't worry about that. Mine arrived well before the estimated date. Think it only took 2 days from when it was shipped

Haha, looks like I have the same thing
    Mumbai, India 27/02/2011 17:05 Departure Scan
    27/02/2011 13:50 Departure Scan
    27/02/2011 12:18 Arrival Scan
    27/02/2011 11:45 Arrival Scan
    Don Muang, Thailand 27/02/2011 9:05 Departure Scan
    27/02/2011 9:05 Departure Scan
    27/02/2011 6:59 Arrival Scan
    27/02/2011 6:59 Arrival Scan
    Shenzhen, China 27/02/2011 5:18 Departure Scan
    27/02/2011 5:18 Departure Scan
    27/02/2011 1:23 Arrival Scan
    Narita, Japan 26/02/2011 21:31 Departure Scan
    26/02/2011 20:12 Arrival Scan
    Koeln, Germany 26/02/2011 9:47 Package data processed by brokerage Waiting for clearance / Released by clearing agency Now in-transit for delivery
    Shanghai, China 26/02/2011 16:28 Departure Scan
    Koeln, Germany 25/02/2011 18:39 Package data processed by brokerage Waiting for clearance
    Shanghai, China 25/02/2011 21:35 Export Scan
    25/02/2011 21:30 Origin Scan
    China 25/02/2011 7:59 Order Processed: Ready for UPS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

lol thought dell moved from limerick to poland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Laptops have been built in China for years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭touts

lol thought dell moved from limerick to poland

The Poles discovered that globalisation is a two edged sword. Dell sold their Polish plant to the Chinese company Foxconn (as was an option for the Limerick plant for a while) and Foxconn are slowly moving production to their superfactories in China.

Advertisement