Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City bus ticket.

Options
  • 17-02-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    I get two city buses a day. I just noticed the monthly ticket is €62 which might save me a few euro. On their website it says something about setting up an initial I.D. Do I need to bring any photos or identification for this?
    Also do I need to buy it the 1st of the month or can i buy it a bit in advance as I assume there will be no-one in the bus office at 8 in the morning.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Nope, they have a camera in the ticket office and take the picture on the spot. :)

Also, the ticket office would be open from the time buses actually start for the commuter/expressway services because people with Free Travel passes have to go to the counter to get the ticket. So they should be open about 8, probably slightly earlier but I don't know for sure!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

phi3 wrote: »
    Hi.
    I get two city buses a day. I just noticed the monthly ticket is €62 which might save me a few euro. On their website it says something about setting up an initial I.D. Do I need to bring any photos or identification for this?
    Also do I need to buy it the 1st of the month or can i buy it a bit in advance as I assume there will be no-one in the bus office at 8 in the morning.
    Thanks

Is that a student price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Is that a student price?

No. Student price is €55

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

No. Student price is €55

Oh rite....they charged me 77 before for a non student monthly O_o

Was it for city and suburban? see link
    http://www.buseireann.ie/news.php?id=863&month=Feb

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭TanG411

When you buy it the first time, you must pay €62 for the monthly ticket and also €2 for your I.D. Card. Then every month just show them your card, and the ticket will be just €62.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

Plus keep the receipts and claim tax back at the end of the year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Nope, they have a camera in the ticket office and take the picture on the spot. :)

Also, the ticket office would be open from the time buses actually start for the commuter/expressway services because people with Free Travel passes have to go to the counter to get the ticket. So they should be open about 8, probably slightly earlier but I don't know for sure!

Cork Parnell Place ticket office is open from 9 am.

kart wrote: »
    Cork Parnell Place ticket office is open from 9 am.

Any idea what time they close at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Any idea what time they close at?

Nope, sorry, but as i use bus often, then i know for sure that i ahve seen it being open after 5. So might be that they close 5:30 or 6? Cos after 6 it have surely been closed off.

• Advertisement

So those of us who work 9-6 can't get there. Typical. :rolleyes:

Advertisement