Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dungarvan 10k, 27/02/2011

• 17-02-2011 4:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Anyone heading to Dungarvan for this? It's my traditional season opener where I find out how truly unfit I am each year. I've always found it to be very well organised with showers, tea and food afterwards and a nice course, all for €8.

Details at http://www.westwaterfordathletics.org/fixtures/view/88/date/2011-02-27

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

I'll be there Daithi...looking forward to it.
    Why dont you start a week early and have a crack at Kilmac this Sunday...flat fast route and all for the pricely sum of €8 also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Daithi BC

I've heard very good things about Kilmacthomas, but I'm getting too old for racing two Sundays in a row!

See you in Dungarvan.

Sosa wrote: »
    I'll be there Daithi...looking forward to it.
    Why dont you start a week early and have a crack at Kilmac this Sunday...flat fast route and all for the pricely sum of €8 also

@Sosa - Great run in Kilmacthomas! What are you targeting in Dungarvan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭jimbo21

iam going to dungarvan tomorrow to do the 10k no sure how i am going to do because my legs feel tirde after doing 2 nights on the track with the club, somethink that i never done before sprints sprints and more sprints.:eek: hope my legs will be back to norm. tomorrow:confused:

Daithi BC wrote: »
    @Sosa - Great run in Kilmacthomas! What are you targeting in Dungarvan?

Just saw this now Daithi,in the end i was happy with the time but miles 2&3 were bad miles for me,i lost alot of time there.

Sub 36 is the aim in the morning...i ran 36:16 for it last year.
    If memory serves me,you broke 36 last year.
    I hate 10k's...that extra 1.2m is a killer mentally,never mind the legs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Git101

Well done to West Waterford AC.

Well organised race, great value, showers and grub all for €8.

A nice spot prize was the icing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭aero2k

Git101 wrote: »
    Well done to West Waterford AC.

Well organised race, great value, showers and grub all for €8.

A nice spot prize was the icing :D

+1. Great race. I enjoyed it despite my relatively slow time of 37:50. The OH is currently enjoying the spot prize - a nice Merlot. Definitely one for next year's diary.
    Sosa, Daithi BC thanks for the heads up on this. Sosa - nice to meet you before and after - well done on the team prize.

A printout of the results was available within an hour of the race finish - that was a nice touch too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 75 ✭✭jimbo21

aero2k i think i ran with you for a while and just pulled away from you going up the hill , i was allso talking to you after the race

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭aero2k

Hi jimbo21,

Yes, we had a nice group going in the middle of the race before I fell off the pace. I was caught in no-man's land towards the end, though one guy did say I'd helped him all along the main road so he made up a lot of time on me.

Good day out for all I think, regardless of times.

Really well organised race once again. Well done to all at WWAC! A great spread afterwards, and Bourbon biscuits are by far the best recovery food ever invented.

I felt like I was running into a strong headwind the whole way round, with the exception of about 2k in the middle. I really felt it ffrom 2k to 5k and the final 3k on the main road. Finished in 36:29 on my watch, so happy with that give the amount of training I've been doing.

Good to meet a few of you yesterday - hope everyone is happy with their times.

• Advertisement

Daithi BC wrote: »
    Really well organised race once again. Well done to all at WWAC! A great spread afterwards, and Bourbon biscuits are by far the best recovery food ever invented.

I felt like I was running into a strong headwind the whole way round, with the exception of about 2k in the middle. I really felt it ffrom 2k to 5k and the final 3k on the main road. Finished in 36:29 on my watch, so happy with that give the amount of training I've been doing.

Good to meet a few of you yesterday - hope everyone is happy with their times.

Good running Daithi,it was very windy in parts alright,you were just ahead of me all the way then by the sounds of things.
    You would have been passed by a clubmate of mine just before the finish,he blitzed the last 1.2m @ 5:10p...passed me and 4 others during the last half mile...he was flying

Sosa wrote: »
    Good running Daithi,it was very windy in parts alright,you were just ahead of me all the way then by the sounds of things.
    You would have been passed by a clubmate of mine just before the finish,he blitzed the last 1.2m @ 5:10p...passed me and 4 others during the last half mile...he was flying

Yep - he caught me just at the turn up the final hill to the finish and took about 10 seconds out of me in 100m!

Advertisement