Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Final Tickets - Price set up released

• 17-02-2011 5:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭

deserves a thread of its own - nothing short of a disgrace.

Tickets for Champs Lge final: Cat 1 £300; Cat 2 £225; Cat 3 £150

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1595625.html#wembley+final+tickets+sale

i know its supply and demand, but the average match going fan cannot possibly afford these prices and are being priced out for corporate greed.

pisses me off no end to see this, this will also drive up the price of touting, especially if its united v barcelona for example.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Biggest game in club football I know but....

£150 for the cheapest tix = :eek:

Thats ****ing insane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Extortion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

How many actually go on general sale though? It's not like they'l be selling 80k tickets at those prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

What a ****ing scandal.

I see Dortmund fans boycotted their last home game because the club raised prices over €20.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Here's hoping it's Shakhtar-Schalke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭dor83

It also says
    The administrative fee will be £26 (including postal charges) for successful applicants inside Europe and £36 for the rest of the world. Payment will be by credit card only; MasterCard is the preferred payment system, with Diners, JCB and Visa also accepted.
    That means £176 is the cheapest ticket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

That's nuts. It makes it way too expensive for the average fan. At least we have lots of options for getting to the UK (relatively cheaply) it'd suck if you live further away.

Not impressed. Have they always been that expensive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

amacachi wrote: »
    How many actually go on general sale though? It's not like they'l be selling 80k tickets at those prices.

all the tickets will be sold at those prices. the clubs involved will get the tickets behind the goals upper and lower, with i assume club wembley being hospitality and corporate and then the sidelines being the most expensive.

clubs will get 30,000 each or so, the rest go on general sale (touts) and to sponsors.

i would expect about 15,000 going on general sale. i paid 80euro for my moscow tickets off united, thats over double the price now in 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Extortion of the highest order. Stupid prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

They alter the prices depending on where the final is being held obviously they think English fans can afford to pay more ridic prices.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

How much have tickets costs for previous Champions League finals?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ughh **** that, cheaper to go to Glastonbury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

From Twitter:
    UEFA are selling CL FInal Tickets for over £300. A match that'll be shown in bars worldwide. Don't let Niall Quinn find out.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Uefa say the 50k CL final tickets that will go to the two finalists are in yet another cat (4) and cost £80. Which seems more realistic.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Pauleta

It is the biggest match in world football. I think we get short changed with the champions league final though. The Superbowl makes the champions league final looks like a Sunday kick around. I think the prices would be adequate if they actually put on a show, put a mini concert on before the match, have decent fanzones etc. All you get for the Champions League final is those stupid opening ceremonies that NOBODY likes and the TV companies dont even bother covering. The football fan both armchair and match going for the champions league final gets short changed massively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

It is on in England and at Wembley - nuff said

Pauleta wrote: »
    It is the biggest match in world football. I think we get short changed with the champions league final though. The Superbowl makes the champions league final looks like a Sunday kick around. I think the prices would be adequate if they actually put on a show, put a mini concert on before the match, have decent fanzones etc. All you get for the Champions League final is those stupid opening ceremonies that NOBODY likes and the TV companies dont even bother covering. The football fan both armchair and match going for the champions league final gets short changed massively.
    Cant figure out if you are taking the piss or not here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

I wouldn't think I'm alone in never wanting football matches to embrace the charade that goes on in NFL.

CiaranC wrote: »
    Cant figure out if you are taking the piss or not here

Nope. The Superbowl is an real event. Now i understand the Americanism of the whole thing wouldnt suit the European market but i think UEFA really need to step the whole thing up. Its the biggest match in World football, it should feel like that. The TV companies usually go on air 45 mins before kick off. I think it should be an all day thing. The Champions League Final doesnt get the billing it deserves. I liked the way the Heineken Cup final was on the same day last year. It was a great day for Sports fans and something to look forward to. A bit of all day drinking and gathering between friends. The Champions League final should be one of those days where Europe comes to a standstill.

Nope. The Superbowl is an real event. Now i understand the Americanism of the whole thing wouldnt suit the European market but i think UEFA really need to step the whole thing up. Its the biggest match in World football, it should feel like that. The TV companies usually go on air 45 mins before kick off. I think it should be an all day thing. The Champions League Final doesnt get the billing it deserves. I liked the way the Heineken Cup final was on the same day last year. It was a great day for Sports fans and something to look forward to. A bit of all day drinking and gathering between friends. The Champions League final should be one of those days where Europe comes to a standstill.
    Im sure its a huge event for the fans who travel to the game. Dont see how tacking on a lot of superbowl style wankology has anything whatsoever to do with the game of football. Football has already become too commercial for most fans liking, making it even more like the superbowl is a horrific idea.

Cheapest tickets for the superbowl are well over the 1000 dollar mark btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭seafood dunleavy

English fans probably thinking it would be a convenience this year with the final at Wembley,wouldn't have to shell out on flights and accommodation.Probably cheaper for the fans if it was held in a different country.Absolute joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Have prices gone mental in London or something?

If you think that's extortion, I just checked the prices on tickets for the 100m semi-finals, finals for the London Olympics - pretty much a 3 hour ticket - Tickets cost: £725.00, £420.00, £295.00, £125.00, £50.00. Unbelieveable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

iirc prices were very similar last year for the final in Madrid but i think there might have been an extra catergory were tickets were prices around €110.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The cheapest ticket 2 years ago in Rome was £80,its now £150 ,and for a rubbish view of the match too I may add.
    You are talking £225 for a ticket that is half decent ,it will be between the 25 yard line and the goal line.
    Its no surprise that UEFA are so greedy,it makes an absolute joke of their reasong of moving the match to a Saturday night was to make it easier for families to attend.
    Families with pockets lined with gold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

If people are willing to pay for it, and the game will sell out, theres no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

titan18 wrote: »
    If people are willing to pay for it, and the game will sell out, theres no problem.

These are the offical prices, wait till the tout prices come out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,912 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

where do I apply ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Considering its only across the pond its not bad value :pac:

titan18 wrote: »
    Course there is a problem, the people who have supported their team all through the tournament by attending matches are being priced out of it by corporates and daytrippers.

• Advertisement

Course there is a problem, the people who have supported their team all through the tournament by attending matches are being priced out of it by corporates and daytrippers.

That's only general sale I would imagine.

Clubs will be allocated certain amount of tickets for their fans which will then be at fixed prices I assume and not those above, or am I wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Think the Black Eyed Peas are on tour in May. Shame...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Degag wrote: »
    Think the Black Eyed Peas are on tour in May. Shame...

Christina Aguilera would mess up the lyrics to the anthem too.

If they supported the team throughout the tournament then they are hardly short a few quid and if they did support them all the way through the tournament but couldnt get a ticket for the final, then odds on the ticket that went to the corporate sponsor was probably the people who employ and pay the wages to that poor fan that was able to afford to see their team before the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

What makes it worse is that one of the main reasons it was moved to a Saturday night was so more kids could attend the game.

Not at those prices!

Daysha wrote: »
    What makes it worse is that one of the main reasons it was moved to a Saturday night was so more kids could attend the game.

Not at those prices!

It was to watch the game not necessary attend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Christina Aguilera would mess up the lyrics to the anthem too.
    Doubt she has good enough pitch to sing the CL anthem though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

deserves a thread of its own - nothing short of a disgrace.

Tickets for Champs Lge final: Cat 1 £300; Cat 2 £225; Cat 3 £150

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1595625.html#wembley+final+tickets+sale

i know its supply and demand, but the average match going fan cannot possibly afford these prices and are being priced out for corporate greed.

pisses me off no end to see this, this will also drive up the price of touting, especially if its united v barcelona for example.

Thats a farce, I hope no one will turn up.

sadly people will buy tickets to fund the lavish wages of CR9 and co...

This is what football has come down to now...

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Don't know if it's been poosted but i believe cat4 tickets for fans of bothe clubs are £80.

**** UEFA, cnuts of the highest order.

http://i52.tinypic.com/21j7iwh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

What is this tripe?
    They'll buy tickets because they want to see the game, not because they think Ronaldo needs new boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

What is this tripe?
    They'll buy tickets because they want to see the game, not because they think Ronaldo needs new boots.

lol at the ticket prices.

Wouldnt mind but the final is going to be played on a pitch which will be worse than my local sides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

S.R.F.C. wrote: »
    Don't know if it's been poosted but i believe cat4 tickets for fans of bothe clubs are £80.

**** UEFA, cnuts of the highest order.

well if there is a cat 4, it does make a difference, as that brings them more in line with previous years, i got 4 tickets for moscow, 2 for 80euro and 2 for 140euro. still shocking though and still a disgrace.

its still an increase of 10-20% though compared to the last 3 years and the £26 admin fee is nothing short of a sick joke. considering the attendance, the price of tickets, this will surely be the higest ever income at football match, even world cup final tickets are surely not that expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,447 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

I love American football, but I hate all the pre-game and half time s**t that goes on at the Superbowl

Am I the only one who will be applying for tickets then ?

More chance for me so, though I have the feeling, that even though most/everyone here is complaining about the prices,....they will still put their names in the draw for a pair of tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Am I the only one who will be applying for tickets then ?

More chance for me so, though I have the feeling, that even though most/everyone here is complaining about the prices,....they will still put their names in the draw for a pair of tickets

No, you are 20,000 touts all wanting to jack the prices up further.

I believe there are 11,000 tickets on general sale, 25,000 for the "UEFA family" and the rest for the clubs.
    £26 is an administration fee!

Scandal of the highest order.

Good thing Liverpool won't be there - I would have had to sell one of the kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

I love American football, but I hate all the pre-game and half time s**t that goes on at the Superbowl

Absolutely agree. I tune into the CL final for the football, not the show!

MaceFace wrote: »
    No, you are 20,000 touts all wanting to jack the prices up further.

I assume you mean "you AND 20,000 touts"
    I have no intention of reselling a ticket if I got one.
    I'd be more than happy to pay 200euro now for a ticket for the Barca-vs-Arsenal game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭VW 1

Thats a farce, I hope no one will turn up.

did you not get the memo? Its CR7...

http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/1193041476158/1202773887674/jugador/Jugador/Cristiano_Ronaldo.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've an aunt that lives about 2 miles from Wembley so a place to stay wouldn't be a problem, now all I need is a ticket and for Chelsea (hopefully) to get to the final :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Has anyone been succesful yet? Usually your account is just debited automatically... and the good or bad news is emailed out a week or two later...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

no news either way for me, I applied under 3 different accounts and still nothing....would imagine that if I was successful my card would be charged this week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement