Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sparta Prague v Liverpool

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Think Glen Johnson has been my man of the match. He is the only player for us looking to do anything when going forward.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Bit harsh as its his first game back after injury
    Yeah because i'm judging him on this one game. He's been rubbish for over 2 years now. More even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

ye'll take em at home , they brutal

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

BERBA wrote: »

are you speaking in Czech?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Are you an Apache Indian???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

zZzZzZzZ

Liverpool playing for a bore draw ?

For once i'll agree with ya. No actually they are worse than brutal i can't agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

2 things I like to say

I feel sorry for the liverpool fans that spent their hard earned money travelling to the Czech Republic to see their team play and they put in a performance like this, its shameful tbh

2nd

Lets never speak of this game again, lock the thread mod. Do all of us a a favour and lets forget about this match asap :pac:

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    are you speaking in Czech?

Milanese;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭101001

monkey9 wrote: »
    Are you an Apache Indian???

Apache? Sounded more Cherokee to me...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Djimi Traore, Abel Xavier and Antonio Nunez all got a fair amount of games
    Players who single handedly win the Champions League are excluded, even if they didn't mean it :p

Seriously is there a bigger blouse in the game than Maxi. Unreal.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

At least we kept a clean sheet. That will do no harm for the confidence at the back, and Danny Wilson also played fairly well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,314 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Milanese;)

thats so last tuesday night!

Headshot wrote: »
    2 things I like to say

I feel sorry for the liverpool fans that spent their hard earned money travelling to the Czech Republic to see their team play and they put in a performance like this, its shameful tbh

2nd

Lets never speak of this game again, lock the thread mod. Do all of us a a favour and lets forget about this match asap :pac:

You don't really feel sorry for them do you.

• Advertisement

Headshot wrote: »
    2 things I like to say

2nd

Lets never speak of this game again, lock the thread mod. Do all of us a a favour and lets forget about this match asap

Don't feel too sorry for them Headshot. They'll be out on the lash and ending up in some Prague stripclubs. They'll have erased this match from their minds and just think that that trip to Prague was a stag do or something.

It's us sober morons who should garner the sympathy.

But i agree, please lock this thread ASAP!!!

are tv3 getting a government grant for trevor welch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

Corrie update:-
    Rosie has some satisfied customers as she washes cars in a bikini.*

Christ, I'll have to tune into the repeat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Revolution9

Finally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Thank God for that whistle

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Desire to Aspire

Eleven matches unbeaten in Europe. :pac: :rolleyes:

Christ, I'll have to tune into the repeat!

+1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Thought Lucas did well in fairness. Johnson was ok too. Other than that, tripe.

Maxi has no future at Liverpool whatsoever, Cole too possibly. Kuyt is rotation quality at best these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Mister men wrote: »
    Seriously is there a bigger blouse in the game than Maxi. Unreal.:mad:
    He has been almost always useless for us.
    That's why its so frustrating that other players aren't getting a chance

Never mind jailing the bankers in this country just make them watch a replay of that game several times. That'll teach them. Goodnight all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Among the worst games Ive ever watched. Just awful. Lock thread - there can be no discussion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭mav79

Today's performance is what is wrong with liverpool at the moment, too many players that are just going through the motions. Can't remember one attack down the left side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭stumpypeeps

Terrible match but it does show that all of Liverpools problems weren't Hodgsons failings, still a very ordinary squad. 6th in the prem is where we're at for now. Positives? None.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,685 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mister men wrote: »
    You don't really feel sorry for them do you.

Yap I genuinely do. Hate any fan to endure travelling to watch that thing, I wouldn't even call it a match, more like a training session

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

5 clean sheets in our last six games. Just saying.

• Advertisement

Thought Lucas did well in fairness. Johnson was ok too. Other than that, tripe.

Maxi has no future at Liverpool whatsoever, Cole too possibly. Kuyt is rotation quality at best these days.

Yeah, Lucas kept things ticking over alright.

In saying that though, and no disrespect to Lucas, but i reckon Poulsen's wife who's in labour right now could have kept things ticking over in that match.

In fact, i'll exaggerate more, i think Poulsen himself could have kept that match ticking over.

Overall, it's in our hands. Beat them at Anfield (which we should do) and we're through.

Nothing more to say really!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I dunno what everyone is moaning about, no sense of history I guess. In the 70s Liverpool would frequently bore their way to victory over two legged ties in just this fashion. Away in winter at some eastern hell hole with flare smoke drifting across the pitch took me back to my youth

/wips away tear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yay, it's over.

mav79 wrote: »
    Today's performance is what is wrong with liverpool at the moment, too many players that are just going through the motions. Can't remember one attack down the left side.
    You have'nt watched any of our recent games have you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well Wilson got a game, that's about it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Who is that Kirsty babe presenting the round up of the other results? Sexy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

A decent result for Liverpool that. You'll beat them by 2 goals at home and progress comfortably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

mike65 wrote: »
    I dunno what everyone is moaning about, no sense of history I guess. In the 70s Liverpool would frequently bore their way to victory over two legged ties in just this fashion. Away in winter at some eastern hell hole with flare smoke drifting across the pitch took me back to my youth

/wips away tear.

shush you, old timer! Us young'uns are busy going over the top about how bad we are based solely on tonight :pac:

This is what Liverpool europa league performances do to people. You forget what real quality is. She nothing special.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »

/wips away tear.

Do you know what, i was thinking that during this match. Kenny seems more positive in the league, but this performance was the kind of away performance that Kenny would have played in on the way to winning the trophy under the great Bob Paisley

Not saying we'll win it or anything (no reason why we can't either), but i reckon Kenny drew experience from his playing days.

Nothing wrong with the result at all, just boring as f*ck to watch. Anyway, tickets for the 2nd leg should be easier to get. Anyone here going??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,572 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

She's Kirsty and she presents the round up of the other results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

murpho999 wrote: »

She'd get it

She'd get it

Get with the times, pal!! You'd smash it is what you're trying to say!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

murpho999 wrote: »

i thought it was kristeen no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

ok Kenny, now you need to be lambasted for having a bit of a brain fart of playing for a 0-0.

Pacheco needs to be sent out on loan if he's not going to get on in games like tonight.

• Advertisement

SlickRic wrote: »
    ok Kenny, now you need to be lambasted for having a bit of a brain fart of playing for a 0-0.

Pacheco needs to be sent out on loan if he's not going to get on in games like tonight.

Look, is it just me or does anyone else think that Pacheco is not gonna be quite up to it!! At this stage, he should be making an impact.

If any manager is gonna play him, it'll be Kenny. I've always been interested in Pacheco. Always wanted him given a few games, but i've never been quite convinced.

monkey9 wrote: »
    Look, is it just me or does anyone else think that Pacheco is not gonna be quite up to it!! At this stage, he should be making an impact.

If any manager is gonna play him, it'll be Kenny. I've always been interested in Pacheco. Always wanted him given a few games, but i've never been quite convinced.

He isn't not making an impact, he isn't playing.

Playing a reserve game every 3 weeks is awful for his development.

He has been our best reserve player for 2 or 3 years, and the club have imo handled him very badly. If he hasn't been getting first team football here he should be playing in the championship.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

SlickRic wrote: »

Glad someone brought this up. Woy used get dogs abuse when he didn't start games like this but Kenny appears to get a free pass. Fairs fair like.

He isn't not making an impact, he isn't playing.

Playing a reserve game every 3 weeks is awful for his development.

He has been our best reserve player for 2 or 3 years, and the club have imo handled him very badly. If he hasn't been getting first team football here he should be playing in the championship.

I'm just not convinced by Pacheco. I know he had a great tournament for Spain an all, but at this this stage he should be showing something.

I'm guessing he'll probably end up being a La Liga regular without doing much as his current status would dictate.

Hope i'm wrong, Pacheco should be exciting right now, But the the fact that Coady, Sterling and Suso are more talked about says it all.

From what I saw of Pacheco under Woy - he was a bit meh and nothing more!
    However I've seen him in reserve games and when he has had a spanish jersey on - he could turn out to be a good addition to the squad. Under KK I am sure he will break through and be played in the right position. It will happen, just not tonight.

• Advertisement
Advertisement