Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sparta Prague v Liverpool

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'm just not convinced by Pacheco. I know he had a great tournament for Spain an all, but at this this stage he should be showing something.

I'm guessing he'll probably end up being a La Liga regular without doing much as his current status would dictate.

Hope i'm wrong, Pacheco should be exciting right now, But the the fact that Coady, Sterling and Suso are more talked about says it all.

How is he supposed to show something? How many chances has he got? The reserve structure is a joke and he is completely starved of game time.

Pedro at Barcelona was 21 before he really established himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Recorded the match tonight while at footy and watched in when i got back complete and utter waste of time, absolutely brutal performance.

Kenny sticking on Skyrtle with 10 minute to go wtf? No gametime for Pacheco either while Maxi and Kuyt stayed on the pitch playing like a pair of goons. Dissapointing stuff from the boss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Look, is it just me or does anyone else think that Pacheco is not gonna be quite up to it!! At this stage, he should be making an impact.

If any manager is gonna play him, it'll be Kenny. I've always been interested in Pacheco. Always wanted him given a few games, but i've never been quite convinced.

my only point would be...

what the fúck are Maxi and Kuyt doing, or even Cole for that matter, that means they should be playing?

especially the former two. the amount of minutes they get while being so so meh is frightening. maybe i'm thick, but others need to be given a chance at some stage. And a Europa League clash would be grand time IMO. especially for Maxi. Kuyt, i can forgive a certain extent at times due to him being a legend for big games, but the point remains...others deserve a go and the chance to develop.

play a young player or loan him, especially whose been in the reserves so long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

flahavaj wrote: »
    Glad someone brought this up. Woy used get dogs abuse when he didn't start games like this but Kenny appears to get a free pass. Fairs fair like.

I think Roy had stated that he would be playing a more settled team after they'd qualified.

It's a bit disappointing he didn't give Pacheco a game, seeing as Wilson got a run out.I'd say if we got a goal or 2 he might have thrown him on. It's strange though as Shelvey has been thrown in at the deep end in derby matches.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,416 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

SlickRic wrote: »
    my only point would be...

what the fúck are Maxi and Kuyt doing, or even Cole for that matter, that means they should be playing?

especially the former two. the amount of minutes they get while being so so meh is frightening. maybe i'm thick, but others need to be given a chance at some stage. And a Europa League clash would be grand time IMO. especially for Maxi. Kuyt, i can forgive a certain extent at times due to him being a legend for big games, but the point remains...others deserve a go and the chance to develop.

play a young player or loan him, especially whose been in the reserves so long.

Was brilliant against Stoke and Chelsea you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Glad someone brought this up. Woy used get dogs abuse when he didn't start games like this but Kenny appears to get a free pass. Fairs fair like.
    How's he getting a free pass? I know i've mentioned several times he needs to be played as have other posters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

And we are never let forget it.

He has had countless poor performances this season, but I don't hear you mentioning those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Mister men wrote: »
    How's he getting a free pass? I know i've mentioned several times he needs to be played as have other posters.

flah's referring to the fact Roy used to get villified for it.
    LuckyLloyd wrote: »

didn't i mention that i'm lenient on him because of those types of performances?

but for YEARS i've forgiven him time and time again for basic inadequacies because of the fact he suits big games and/or 'dog-fights' so to speak.

the fact of the matter is an inordinate amount of our play will stop when the ball gets to him because technically, he is not up to standard. people can quote assists and goals (goals in particular not being all that great due to the fact he plays striker as well as RW) all day long, but i'm using my eyes, and what i see is a man who, all too often, loses the ball due to his technical inadequacies.

working like a fúcking trojan horse should only get you so much leeway.

that being said, Maxi is far more of a problem.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Do you know what, i was thinking that during this match. Kenny seems more positive in the league, but this performance was the kind of away performance that Kenny would have played in on the way to winning the trophy under the great Bob Paisley

Not saying we'll win it or anything (no reason why we can't either), but i reckon Kenny drew experience from his playing days.

Nothing wrong with the result at all, just boring as f*ck to watch. Anyway, tickets for the 2nd leg should be easier to get. Anyone here going??

But European football has changed....

I watched the first four minutes and then the other 90 getting home. Looks like time well spent:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

People have questioned it. Quite a few people in the last few weeks. People seem to be forgetting that Rafa was also questioned by supporters for not playing him, and in Rafa's last season it was done in a manner similar to how it was with Hodgson.

But results colour opinions as well.

Kenny has come in and started getting results with the same squad of players that Hodgson was failing badly with.

Kenny has come in and changed tactics and had the players following them from day one. Hodgson whinged about needing lots of time for players to adapt to new tactics.

Kenny has come in and knows what he is doing at a football club and just gets on with it. Hodgson was clueless and just made gaff after gaff.

In short Kenny is getting a lot more right than he gets wrong so he will be given more leeway by supporters. A man who lurched from one excuse to another constantly and from day one, loses the confidence of supporters fast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

At this stage there must be something that Pacheco is doing or not doing for him not to be included in the team.

He's stuck in limbo at the moment and is desperately in need of regular football - I think a season on loan is a must or else he's ruined

Advertisement