Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

French TNT + Freesat

• 17-02-2011 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi everyone,

We are currently renting in a building block of 16 apartments. Landlord just set up 2 dishes on the side of the building, and every apartment now has the freesat box & channels that go with it...

Now, being French, I was interested in seeing if I could get any french channels on that (we're on astra 28.2). Anway, couldnt find anything... so I just invested in a TNT French box which I found on the internet. Now, it's one of those boxes with a card valid for 4 years. Thing is, it says that (as per French TNT) that your dish needs to be pointing at 19.2, not 28.2. Your man in the shop said it would still be fine with a dish pointing at 28.2, but the french instructions are contradicting. I rang him before ordering on line...

I havent set up anything yet (I only got it yesterday in the post)... does anyone have a dish pointing at 28.2 for the Irish & UK freesat channels and also the TNT french box working on that same frequency... or is 19.2 my only option for receiving french channels in Dublin..?

Dont really fancy installing a third dish, or sending the irish boy-friend on the roof to move the dish every time I feel like watching french channels?! :(

any ideas???

Stepho

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭Newtown90

You've been conned mate!

That dish needs to be pointing at 19.2 east for those channels!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

Tell us which shop told you that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭craoltoir

Il ya quelques chaines francaises sur 19.2 (Astra 1) et 13 (Hotbird). Les chaines suivantes sont diffusés en clair: TV5, Direct 8, TV8 Mont Blanc, France 24, KTO, BFM, ARTE et Euronews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭rlogue

N'oubliez pas les chaînes de France 2, France 3, France 5 et TV8 Mont-Blanc sont également clair à 5 ouest aussi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭Pal

Stepho wrote: »

does anyone have a dish pointing at 28.2 for the Irish & UK freesat channels and also the TNT french box working on that same frequency...

Not possible.

My suggestion. Get your own dish. Point it at 19.2. Keep the landlords one too for the UK stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

in theory (unless its a very small dish) you can put a 2nd LNB on the current dish (see http://www.tvtrade.ie/multi-lnb-holder-2-way.html) and use a diseqc switch but this may be impracticable in an appartment.

Advertisement