Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Social welfare payment -change of day???

• 17-02-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi, I recently started collecting social welfare payment - I am working a 3day week.
    I always go into my local post office on a Wed evening to collect, but last week I missed it, and collected on a Thursday.

But this week when I went in to collect on a Wed. I was told blankly "your collection day is Thursday"
    I told her I always collect on a Wed. and asked had it been changed. She stared at me until I finally just walked away.

So I am asking does anyone know is this always my collection day from now on because I missed my official day last week??

( And also why are some people so rude when doing thier job :mad:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

You need to ask your local Social welfare office - they can check their system to see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Pop into your local office. It may very well be they changed your date. Not because of the fact you missed by a day, that would just be a coincidence. I think you have 3 working days to collect your payment from the post office. After that it won't be available, you would need to speak with someone in the local welfare office.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Pud27 wrote: »

Because they feel they are better than us unemployed losers.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

Her job is to pay out your benefits as instructed by the welfare office.

It would be like asking your bank why you received less wages than usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭jimbob86

Oh there a showers of ****ehawks the whole lot of em...anything to save a few quid,hang every1 of the fcukers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 Pud27

Her job is to pay out your benefits as instructed by the welfare office.

It would be like asking your bank why you received less wages than usual

So you think that is ok to be so rude? To just ignore someone?
    I dont think it is acceptable. :mad:

I thought maybe if she could see that I couldnt collect until the next day, she could see if that would be for the following weeks.

Or I thought she could of at least answered me, no?? You think it is ok just to ignore someone? :confused::confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Balagan

So you think that is ok to be so rude? To just ignore someone?
    I dont think it is acceptable. :mad:

I thought maybe if she could see that I couldnt collect until the next day, she could see if that would be for the following weeks.

Or I thought she could of at least answered me, no?? You think it is ok just to ignore someone? :confused::confused:

It's certainly not okay to ignore someone's question. She may not have known the answer but it would have been better to admit that to you and conduct the exchange in a civil fashion. She wouldn't like it if her paydate was suddenly made a day later and would be asking questions too. Hopefully, the unpleasantness was a once off.

On the slip you get with this week's payment it will have the 'from' and 'to' dates for the payment period. Usually the second date, the 'to' date is the date on which the money becomes available in the Post Office and that would identify whether your payment day is now changed to Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

JSB regardless of full payment or reduced payments for casual workers are paid on a Wednesday. Some Post Offices of their own bat restrict people alphabetically so as to avoid long queues etc but this is nothing to do with Social Welfare. An post are under a contract to the Department to pay out monies in a timely fashion and whilst all payments are paid at their discretion, I would think that if the payment is there Wednesday it should be paid that day as depending on the customer it may cause financial hardsip.

Advertisement