Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 weeks

Options
  • 17-02-2011 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

just found out yesterday that im seven weeks plus 4 days pregnant.
    Just wanted some info please!

I tried phoning the Coombe today to make an appointment but the woman on reception told me to email them, which i done this morning and i still have had no reply, is this standard procedure??

Also i wanted to ask, ive been having period type cramps the last few days, is this normal?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Squiggler

Have you gone to a GP to get the pregnancy verified? They should also give you a referral to the maternity hospital and complete the combined care form with you (which entitles you to free GP visits during your pregnancy and a few after the birth for the baby).

I experienced cramp like pains in the early stages too, but again, it's worth going to your GP to make sure that they're not something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭clouds

Cramps in themselves are normal at this stage as its the ligaments and uterus stretching. Esp if it's your first.
    If you get sharp pains and obviously if you bleed you'll need to get checked out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I think perhaps expecting a same day reply from an email is slightly optimistic. I'm sure they'll get back to you early next week.

Cramps in the early stages are normal as your uterus is stretching and growing.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I was the same when i tried to make my appointment but that was for the rotunda. I kinda thought i was going to get appointment ASAP but than they scheduled one for Week 10-12 of the pregnancy (I'm going private). They will schedule your appointment but it may not be for a few weeks. But I would ring them if you do start bleeding. I had pains and cramps too (this is also my first) and there was nothing wrong.

Hopefully they will sort you out with appointment as i know how you feel...If you are concerned give them another ring.

Good luck with everything!

Advertisement