Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For everyone starting in March...

Options
  • 17-02-2011 5:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi there everyone,

I have ben reading the posts on the March intake post and cant really figure out who is starting in March and who is not....

SO.... i just thought it would be a nice idea for everyone starting in March to say Hi...

HI!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭shampon

This guy.....

Howaya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 SFiFiG

Are ya nervous / excited / scared etc?

I think I am still in shock!!!!

Have u had your pack in the post yet?!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭fefe5

I'm in too. Has not quite sunk in yet but hopefully it will when the pack arrives which I hope is tomorrow :D

SFiFiG wrote: »
    Are ya nervous / excited / scared etc?

I think I am still in shock!!!!

Have u had your pack in the post yet?!

Nah, I'm way too cool to be any of those things. All joking aside, I am so excited to start a new chapter in my life and career. I'm still in cloud cuckoo land at the moment,it hasn't set in yet.

No pack in he post yet, just the same old brown envelopes from the developers and politicians.:D:D:D

It would usually take a few days after to receive the post from the North.

shampon wrote: »
    It would usually take a few days after to receive the post from the North.

I'm from north and still have not got sent mine. I was told when I got the call that it would likely be Friday before it arrived so you may well have to wait till Monday at that rate...

• Advertisement

fefe5 wrote: »
    I'm from north and still have not got sent mine. I was told when I got the call that it would likely be Friday before it arrived so you may well have to wait till Monday at that rate...

No biggie. After that whole process, I have grown quite good at being patient :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11 stephenkav

How're ye gettin on. I'll be comin to the party too. Still no pack either, I think it'll make it a bit more real for me when I get it. Still have that horror story in my mind of the girl a few campaigns back who got the call, only to get called back to say they'd made a mistake. Don't think I'll answer my phone for next while in case haha. Patience should be zen-like at this stage but tis not.

stephenkav wrote: »
    Still have that horror story in my mind of the girl a few campaigns back who got the call, only to get called back to say they'd made a mistake. Don't think I'll answer my phone for next while in case haha. Patience should be zen-like at this stage but tis not.

Better no happen to me....im causing a great deal of stress in my current work place regarding notice - they keep asking me "can you not just start a week later?"

err.... NO!!!! :confused:

"can you not just start a week later?"

err.... NO!!!! :confused:

hahahah....:D

I can see our experience at Hotel Garnerville being somewhat different to the norm. If its true and we are the last intake, there will be squad leaving and none coming to replace them, might get a little quiet... We will also not have anyone to show around on their induction day! Nor will we have the ability to be backsquaded if we get injuried or such :(

On the positive side...we did mange to get in :D

Will have to start getting myself fit, working through PSNI's shopping list and then there will be plenty of learning to do after our induction. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I can see our experience at Hotel Garnerville being somewhat different to the norm. If its true and we are the last intake, there will be squad leaving and none coming to replace them, might get a little quiet... We will also not have anyone to show around on their induction day! Nor will we have the ability to be backsquaded if we get injuried or such :(

On the positive side...we did mange to get in :D

Will have to start getting myself fit, working through PSNI's shopping list and then there will be plenty of learning to do after our induction. :rolleyes:

:eek:

Can't wait to Blitz that learning...yeah.

Has not quite sunk in yet but hopefully it will when the pack arrives which I hope is tomorrow :D

Well postie has been and gone this morning and still no sign of the pack. :( maybe tomorrow.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

Well postie has been and gone this morning and still no sign of the pack. :( maybe tomorrow.....

Maybe you just dreamt you got the call :eek:

Don't worry - my postie came this mornig as well and no pack... it was the first time i was unhappy to see clothes arrive instead of mail :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

Ah well if no pack by Friday then that means they have changed their mind - sorry :D

Only joking , this round of calls has not been the usual - as far as we can tell just 1 day of calls and packs normally arrive very soon after , unlike this time.
    Overall I am disappointed that more boardies did not get the call for March.

Delancey wrote: »
    Ah well if no pack by Friday then that means they have changed their mind - sorry :D

Only joking , this round of calls has not been the usual - as far as we can tell just 1 day of calls and packs normally arrive very soon after , unlike this time.
    Overall I am disappointed that more boardies did not get the call for March.

Have to say I totally agree! Well not with the first bit (I hope!) :P

When you consider the stuff about 1 day of calls, no packs yet and then the dates that are involved (which I cant mention for obvious reasons before someone asks) but its all very weird compared to what we consider the norm. Guess it just adds another complex dynamic to an already complex process. Simply can not predict ANYTHING!!!!!

Have to say I totally agree! Well not with the first bit (I hope!) :P

When you consider the stuff about 1 day of calls, no packs yet and then the dates that are involved (which I cant mention for obvious reasons before someone asks) but its all very weird compared to what we consider the norm. Guess it just adds another complex dynamic to an already complex process. Simply can not predict ANYTHING!!!!!

It will be next week for the packs...

I wasn't dreaming!!!!! Pack arrived. Whoop whoop :D

mine is still not here!!! AGH!!!!! now im dreaming i was dreaming!!!

stephenkav wrote: »
    How're ye gettin on. I'll be comin to the party too. Still no pack either, I think it'll make it a bit more real for me when I get it. Still have that horror story in my mind of the girl a few campaigns back who got the call, only to get called back to say they'd made a mistake. Don't think I'll answer my phone for next while in case haha. Patience should be zen-like at this stage but tis not.

now im thinking this is me!! no pack and im from the outskirts of belfast!!! WHY WHY WHY!! the stress is driving me insane!! :eek:

maybe the psni do this on purpose to test out patients haha!!! :P

• Advertisement

now im thinking this is me!! no pack and im from the outskirts of belfast!!! WHY WHY WHY!! the stress is driving me insane!! :eek:

It is you....take a chiller man.

well I have to admit when I got it I thought, wow, this is skinny... but trust me, there is plenty of bed time reading in there for you all :cool:

well I have to admit when I got it I thought, wow, this is skinny... but trust me, there is plenty of bed time reading in there for you all :cool:

Is Brett Easton Ellis-esque? Otherwise, Nah.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 HopefulPC

"hello, hotel garnerville"

"hi, i have a room booked. Just wanted to confirm."

Cant wait!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 kellyhud

i shall see you there!i didnt get a call just a pack in the post..still cannot believe it the waiting and guessing has all been worth it!

kellyhud wrote: »
    i shall see you there!i didnt get a call just a pack in the post..still cannot believe it the waiting and guessing has all been worth it!

:D, Well Done. See you soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

hi im just wondering what campaign the march intake is from?or is it a mix of C15 and C16ers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Gee-22

triple-M wrote: »
    hi im just wondering what campaign the march intake is from?or is it a mix of C15 and C16ers?

Since the December intake most people have been c16ers.

There might be one or two c15ers mixed in but they are few and far between.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 djofficer

hey everyone, congratulations on getting in :D i got my pack today, made it so much more real!! so excited!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,075 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Can someone PM me the telephone number for appointments. I have made a decision that I will probably regret but might benefit a fellow board member. Cheers!

Advertisement