Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackpool away Tuesday 22nd

Options
  • 17-02-2011 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Hey guys just wondering who you guys thought should start in CM with Modric Palacios or Sandro?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

Hey guys just wondering who you guys thought should start in CM with Modric Palacios or Sandro?

MAybe start with Wilson and Sandro and bring on Modders in if things ain't going so well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Blackpool will attack. They'll attack as hard as they can because they're at home and that's how they play. They will most likely score a goal, but the talent in our team should shine through. I don't think they pose enough of a threat in midfield to start with 2 DM's, so I'd start Palacios alongside Modric, bringing Sandro on after 70 minutes or so.

Another game I'd love us to win to move us ahead of City and temporarily 5 clear of Chelsea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

No team has stopped Blackpool from scoring at home but they haven't kept a clean sheet at Home either I really hope Harry can motivate them for this match it's so important to come out on top of our game.
    Chelsea's game in hand is v man u so hopefully united win that and then the return match as well

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Would be a great 3 points to get - And push us a few more points ahead of Chelsea - Was really impressed with Sandro in the San Siro as I was with all of our team - kind of glad we have the weekend off too .. Blackpool do play some amazing stuff at home but would love to see JD rattle in a few and get back on the scoresheet on a more regular basis .. YID ARMY :):):) any news on the hudd ??

Anto12 wrote: »
    Would be a great 3 points to get - And push us a few more points ahead of Chelsea - Was really impressed with Sandro in the San Siro as I was with all of our team - kind of glad we have the weekend off too .. Blackpool do play some amazing stuff at home but would love to see JD rattle in a few and get back on the scoresheet on a more regular basis .. YID ARMY :):):) any news on the hudd ??
    Hudd said via twitter (@thudzz) that he isn't sure when he's going to start runing again but when he does it'll be three weeks before he's fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think sandro should start, he gets better with every game and he shouldn't be tired at this stage of the season compared to modric/lennon/VDV etc

I couldn't care less about the clean sheet. I'll take a 1 goal win by any means - even if it rebounds of defores arse twice before it goes in.

I think the lads will have difficulty recovering from last Tuesday - they worked their socks off. Now would be the time to bring in a few squad players except with our inhury list we don;t have them! arse biscuits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

think the lads will have difficulty recovering from last Tuesday - they worked their socks off. Now would be the time to bring in a few squad players except with our inhury list we don;t have them! arse biscuits!

They'll have had a week off before the game more than enough time to recover. Think we'll win this one by a couple of goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I'll be in the stands off me face so will think everyone is playing.Will be a hard game and will go for a loss because i've seen to many games after a good win.By the way i'm in england now off my face waiting for the game on tuesday so sorry for going on.YID ARMY

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭WHL

I agree with previous posters. We have had a week off so no excuse if we have a post CL reaction. Also think that Sandro deserves a start. He had had two really good games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭yiddo59

the game v Blackpool will be shown live on tv at 8pm in the Evergreen Bar, Turners Cross, Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

yiddo59 wrote: »
    the game v Blackpool will be shown live on tv at 8pm in the Evergreen Bar, Turners Cross, Cork.

and in Tom Mayes in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

All massive games from here on in.
    I disagree with the calls for Sandro to start. Yes he played well in Milan, but let's take it easy with him, throw him in too much too soon and it could ruin him. Wilson to start in the middle with Luka will do fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Yes, granted the full 7 days break is a piece of good fortune... much better then playing today or Sunday.

I suppose the result on verus blackpool will be a testement to what the team is capable.

Those chelsea gits lost today so they'll be doubley (is that a word) keen to catch us in fourth.

This is our last game this month so let's hope we get the win and stay in fourth :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

is this game on tv does anyone know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

This is our last game this month so let's hope we get the win and stay in fourth :)

or better still go 3rd

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

BERBA wrote: »
    or better still go 3rd
    City have a game on the 27th, we're not playing because of the CC final

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

THFC wrote: »
    City have a game on the 27th, we're not playing because of the CC final

we go 3rd tuesday night if we win , same games played as city

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

VDV ruled out for tomorrow with a calf injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

THFC wrote: »
    VDV ruled out for tomorrow with a calf injury.

That's disappointing but we still have enough quality to win this game.. it's all about our mentality IMO. If we go in with a Milan hangover we'll get beaten, hopefully everyone is ready for a tough game and out to impress.

Possible line-up:

Gomes
    Gallas - Dawson - Bassong - BAE
    Lennon - Palacios - Jenas - Kranjcar
    Crouch - Defoe

SUBS: Cudicini, Sandro, Modric, Pienaar, Khumalo, Pavlyuchenko, Hutton/Pletikosa!

• Advertisement

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    That's disappointing but we still have enough quality to win this game.. it's all about our mentality IMO. If we go in with a Milan hangover we'll get beaten, hopefully everyone is ready for a tough game and out to impress.

Possible line-up:

Gomes
    Gallas - Dawson - Bassong - BAE
    Lennon - Palacios - Jenas - Kranjcar
    Crouch - Defoe

SUBS: Cudicini, Sandro, Modric, Pienaar, Khumalo, Pavlyuchenko, Hutton/Pletikosa!
    I'd start Modric if possible we'll need his creativity plus he's actually a pretty good tackler as well probably better than Jenas

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Blackpool have been pretty poor lately, so i would expect a comfortable win here. We need to be winning these games comfortably, and they aren't a team that should be challenging us. Hope Kranjcar starts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,726 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I'd start Modric if possible we'll need his creativity plus he's actually a pretty good tackler as well probably better than Jenas

Yeah, unless Pav gets the start the only real selection question marks are Sandro/Wilson, Modric/Jenas and Pienaar/Kranjcar. I went with Jenas jsut because Luka's fitness must still be ain question but if he is fine then he starts no question.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

The team I would pick would be like this

Gomes
    Wilson--Gallas--Dawson--BAE
    Lennon--Jenas-Pienaar--Modric
    Pav--Defoe

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Just got this from the site, no mention of hutton.

Rafael van der Vaart has joined the injury list ahead of Tuesday’s trip to Blackpool with a calf problem.

The Dutchman will miss the visit to Bloomfield Road, along with Vedran Corluka (ankle) and Jonathan Woodgate (adductor muscle).

‘Rafa’ returned from a similar injury in time to face AC Milan in the Champions League last week, but manager Harry Redknapp today reported a re-occurrence of the problem in training on Sunday.

He said: “Rafa’s had a bit of a problem with the calf. He missed a couple of games but then came back, played in Milan and got through 65 or 70 minutes there. Then he felt it yesterday morning and didn’t feel good.

“He’s a fantastic player and we need him, but we can’t seem to get that run of games out of him. When he plays he’s been great for us.

“I think he missed pre-season, that was a problem for him. He was away at the World Cup and missed getting that fitness behind him, so he’s just picked up niggly injuries since then.

“Hopefully he won’t be too long. I’m hoping he’ll be back for the Wolves game. It’s not a tear, it just tightened up on him.”

Harry continued: "Jonathan got a bit of a setback in Milan when he came on and felt a bit of a twinge. We thought at first it looked pretty bad again but it’s not too bad and he’s working his way back again. Another week or so and he should be back in full training.

"Charlie’s had his scans and he’s going to be out for a little while. We’re not sure how long it will be before he’s fit to play."

On a brighter note, Luka Modric is fully fit again following his appendix operation having played the final half-hour at the San Siro and Jermaine Jenas is available for selection again having served a European suspension in Milan.

Longer-term absentees Gareth Bale (back), Tom Huddlestone (ankle), Younes Kaboul (knee) and Ledley King (groin) all remain sidelined, but Harry hopes to see progress over the coming weeks.

He added: “We were supposed play Arsenal this weekend but they’re in the Carling Cup Final so that gives us a break until Wolves the following Sunday. This break will give us a chance to get a few of them back.

“Gareth’s slowly improving so hopefully he’s on his way back. Ledley’s had his operation and he’s doing a bit of running and working outside with the fitness coaches so hopefully it won’t be long before we get him back.

“Younes will start getting closer after the break and Tom’s working hard but is still quite a way off. But it gives us a bit of time to get one or two of them back into the squad.”

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

dont forget you can fly from dublin into blackpool,stay overnight and party in the town,

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

is this game on tv does anyone know

yes look at posts 10 and 11 on page 1

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭nipps

yes look at posts 10 and 11 on page 1

i think he means what channels are showing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm calling a comfy enought 3-1 win here.

• Advertisement

Danny Rose has been called up and is in the squad for this match one of the pictures on twitter shows his jersy hanging up with the rest of the team back up at LB? maybe BAE at rb?

TEAM -
    Gomes;
    Gallas, Dawson, Bassong, Assou-Ekotto;
    Lennon, Modric, Palacios, Pienaar;
    Defoe, Pavlyuchenko.

Our subs are...Cudicini, Khumalo, Jenas, Kranjcar, Rose, Sandro and Crouch.

Advertisement