Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackpool away Tuesday 22nd

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Blackpool look like they are gonna get another p0xy gift of goal before the end:(

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭philon

davycc wrote: »
    Yep BAE at fault 100% for the 3rd ya wouldnt see defending that bad in kids 5 a side:mad:

BAE was poor on the 2nd also !!!

Charlie Adams should have got a red for nasty tackle on Dawson:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,712 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Jayzus that charlie Adams is a niggly bugger tonight ... is he always like that?

Pav ya legend:D
    3 1

• Advertisement

Typical! 3-1 @ 92mins to take the glare of a shambles of a result.

Last kick of the game.

Might as well been 5-0.

Last pass was woeful from everyone tonight.

I thought we were managing with the mis-firing forwards but it really came back to haunt us tonight.

Id love to know that stats for out shots & shots on target I have never seen us play so poor in living memory:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Awful night for us,I know the defending was poor but feckin hell we had plenty of chances to score a few goals,Defoe was chronic tonight.disastrous result considering what we could have got out of it.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Bang back down to earth. I knew bassong was in for a nightmare from his very first touch and BAE had one of his bad games, which he has every month or so. Strikers were shocking, it shows how badly we miss Bale and VDV.

tippspur wrote: »
    Awful night for us,I know the defending was poor but feckin hell we had plenty of chances to score a few goals,Defoe was chronic tonight.disastrous result considering what we could have got out of it.:mad:

The only positive I can see and I'm scrapping the barrell here, but we were every bit as bad gainst Fulham in the cup a few weeks ago and then we went on a great run so hopefully we can repeat that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

25 attempts at goal!!! bad night at the office.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

The only positive
    No, i refuse to let anyone take anything positive from that match. We were ****ing awful. And what's worse is we've absolutely no excuse. We've had a week since our last match, and it's Blackpool for **** sake. They've been awful for ages now.

So pissed off at the team right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Poor finishing and a few crazy defending moments has cost us badly tonight.

It will be interesting to see the stats but I'm fairly sure Blackpool's goals were they're only shots on target all night.

We must have had 60-70% of possession and five times as many shots on goal. Pav should have had a hat-trick but again the finish let him down.

We had no luck tonight. I'm certain that had we got one goal back with just 20 mins to go, then with the momentum we had then could still have gone on and won the game, but Blackpool 'parked the bus' and had lot's of luck and finally killed the game with a sucker punch that again was poor defending on our part.

We've played much worse and won games

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Well that's an embarrassing result. I didn't get to see if and have just switched off the highlights on Sky having seen the 2nd goal. From what I saw, we completely dominated that half, with two goal-line clearances from Defoe and at this stage I'd say he's almost a pox on the team - I just don't know what he has to do to score. Shocking tackle for the penalty and although their 2nd was good, Campbell looked offside for me.

Back down to earth with a bang, against a team that may not get another 3 points this season. We're still in the hunt, though that result has cost us dearly.

sweet Jayzus.

just watching the highlight on SP1.

PAv had a powerful header saved at point blank range, then krajar missed connection from a yard out and then Pav's next header/defoe follow up chance were stopped on the line .. all of this at 2-nil. All 3 goals were self inflicted.

modric just had one cleared off the line too

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

Jasus.... Just watching the higlights! How in the name of god did we not score ten in this game!

BAE had one of his 'off' games which just isn't good enough anymre and he needs to be replaced!!

Striker badly needed....

The commentator on skysports just summed it up

"from Blackpool to Milan, we've seen two very different tottenham hotspurs in a week"

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭spursman11

disaster,disaster,defo wont win league now,hope MAN U win at the weekend,we will have to beat chelsea,arsenal &man city at least but strikers need to get scoring,very disappointing after last week

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Dave11 wrote: »
    How in the name of god did we not score ten in this game! Striker badly needed....

My sentiments exactly.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭sniffingchimp

I think we need to face the fact that without Van Der Vaart we're not looking nearly as deadly. Our strikers are all over the place at the moment - maybe if Defoe scores a couple he'll get some confidence back but currently we look impotent in front of goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Listened to it on BBC London.
    Still seething. Diabolical finishing. To think Defoe hasn't scored a league goal all season is laughable. Our finishing for a 'top side' was abysmal.

BAE & Bassong were both poor and when the centre half and full back on the same side have an off night, your in trouble !

We can make all the excuses in the world, but as pointed out in another thread a while back, the lack of a top striker is alarming..

Redknapp on the game last night:

From the BBC website

"We're attacking, suddenly they hit us on the break right on half-time and it's 2-0," said an exasperated Redknapp, whose side would have leapfrogged Manchester City into third place had they won.

"We missed chances - second half it was chance after chance. We just needed a goal, if we had scored one I think we'd have gone on and probably won.

"But we kept missing open goals - three yards out, four yards out, missing, missing, missing. I've never seen a game with so many chances.
    "It's obviously damaging. Tonight was a game I thought we would win but you can't miss chances like that. It was unreal - you had to see it to believe it." "

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭manic mailman

I'm not sure but I thought something like this would happen to us....a hangover from Milan last week. It's these types of matches where the top teams show their worth...having a squad with enough depht to play against the big boys o' europe and still comfortably put away sides like Blackpool that, with all due respect, we should be beating.

Advertisement