Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ironing-Tyrrelstown!

Options
  • 17-02-2011 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi all, Anyone know of anyone who woud be interested in doing ironing for a fee (not too expensive!) in Tyrrestown area? Have gotten a few leafets around the door over last few months from peope who'd do house cleaning or ironing but never needed them at time. Anyone recommend anyone either?Its just reguar stuff-tops, uniforms etc no shirts (which I personally think are a nightmare to iron-haha). Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Maybe try registering on www.tyrrelstown.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

If you want to keep your sanity I'd advise against registering there, it used to be quite helpful and interesting, now it's just painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

ThisRegard wrote: »
    If you want to keep your sanity I'd advise against registering there, it used to be quite helpful and interesting, now it's just painful.

Tell us more! We love to hear the gossip on here.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

We love to hear the gossip on here.... :D

Well that's the issue, gossip ! Be it true, some truth or grossly exaggerated, think of it as a local Afterhours. As I said, it used to be quite good and helpful, and I'm sure some threads still are, but it went way downhill in the last year or so and became just a bitchfest driving some of the more sensible and informative people away from it. But that's the nature of internet forums I suppose.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Well that's the issue, gossip ! Be it true, some truth or grossly exaggerated, think of it as a local Afterhours. As I said, it used to be quite good and helpful, and I'm sure some threads still are, but it went way downhill in the last year or so and became just a bitchfest driving some of the more sensible and informative people away from it. But that's the nature of internet forums I suppose.

Such a pity to hear that - Internet Forums can be a great resource when used wisely :(

• Advertisement

Hi all, Anyone know of anyone who woud be interested in doing ironing for a fee (not too expensive!) in Tyrrestown area? Have gotten a few leafets around the door over last few months from peope who'd do house cleaning or ironing but never needed them at time. Anyone recommend anyone either?Its just reguar stuff-tops, uniforms etc no shirts (which I personally think are a nightmare to iron-haha). Thanks!

If you are looking to get shirts ironed you may consider leaving them in to a local laundrette.

They don't actually iron them - many put them on a dummy and then force a huge amount of hot air through the shirt which causes all the wrinkles to drop out.

I find the shirts come back in way better nick then if they were ironed. A job well done!

I drop mine in to a place near Kimmage which does 30 shirts for 30 euro on a special every now and then. I am sure there are D15 laundrettes that offer this service for a similar price.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

If you are looking to get shirts ironed you may consider leaving them in to a local laundrette.

They don't actually iron them - many put them on a dummy and then force a huge amount of hot air through the shirt which causes all the wrinkles to drop out.

I find the shirts come back in way better nick then if they were ironed. A job well done!

I drop mine in to a place near Kimmage which does 30 shirts for 30 euro on a special every now and then. I am sure there are D15 laundrettes that offer this service for a similar price.

Have no shirts! Just regular cothes! I'd prefer to go with someone privately-launderettes seem to be quite expensive! Surely there is someone out there looking for a bit of work.....??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

Try your local supermarkets they often have signs up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

There's a big notice board outside superquinn, should be something there!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭flowerific

Have no shirts! Just regular cothes! I'd prefer to go with someone privately-launderettes seem to be quite expensive! Surely there is someone out there looking for a bit of work.....??

I know a local woman in Tyrrelstown that does ironing. i don't know how to send you a pm for details though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 gbereanu

Hi, r u still interesting on find somebody for that job? If yes I have somebody for u.Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Two year old thread, you're bit late my friend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement