Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setanta Sports

Options
  • 17-02-2011 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Does watching setanta sports count towards your download allowance?

I was hoping to watch the GAA matches on saturday How much of my allowance would i expect to use from watching one of the live games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Watching this will chew into your download allowance alright not sure how much tough id say for a full GAA game 600-800mb maybe if the stream is very high quality it could use this ammount.maybe someone else can confirm tough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Does watching setanta sports count towards your download allowance?

I was hoping to watch the GAA matches on saturday How much of my allowance would i expect to use from watching one of the live games?

Hi fawlty towers,

I sent on your query and although it is not possible to give the exact usage stats, we can give you an estimate.

Firstly, yes Setanta usage does contribute to usage allowance.

With regards usage per match, see below calculations. Note these are based on 90min game and would not include pre and post match analysis etc as this could be any duration.

Assuming standard streaming of 300kbps then downstream usage consumed in a match of 90mins duration is approx as follows:

Streaming at 300kbps = 197.75 MB = 0.193 GB

At higher streaming bit rates (subject to customer connection / availability)

Streaming at 800kbps = 527.34 MB = 0.51GB

Streaming at 1500kbps = 988.67 MB = 0.96GB

Again, this ignores any advertisement/break period during game and any minor upstream traffic for stream control.

I hope this helps,

Mark

Advertisement