Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Oscar

• 17-02-2011 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭

Abandoned for years, hit in the face resulting in broken teeth, had an infection in his bowels for who knows how long, hit by a car resulting in the loss of a leg, just recovered from a unitary infection, and now, a few days ago he unsuccessfully tried to jump on the windowsill. His one back leg got caught in the curtain and he ended up thrashing about as he scrambled with his front legs to get a grip on the window. He didn't stay that way for long because he fell with a thump. I really wasn't surprised that he was sore after that.
    He seemed to get better and he annoied me last night by not settling so I put him out of my room and closed the door. So today I came home to find him not greeting me like normal but curled up growling if I tried to pet him(he can be quite grumpy normally) so I got him to the bed(carrying him while he growled).

He hardly seems to be moving and I somehow managed to feel a hard lump on his lower abdomin. It's either something from the fall or unitary infection with something gone swollen(last part is probably my imagination coupled with my worring) I rang the vet but there's a funeral on tomorrow so he won't get down until Saturday morningfrown.gif

If he's bad tonight I might just arrange with the vet to bring him in tomorrow and leave him in the vets overnight. The vet will be able to look at him at about 6 without me there but it'll be closed by the time I'd be able to collect him, and it'll cost me a bomb(if he needs it it'll have to be done)

I just can't help thinking poor Oscar, he's had so much happen to him and on top of that he's an ugly anti social cat that no one else likes but mefrown.gif.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

The poor fella has been through an awful lot. Hope he gets better soon. I have a soft spot for cats called Oscar.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Groom!

Poor little Oscar! He sounds like a little fighter anyway from his past experiences so hopefully he will do well this time too.

Fingers and toes crossed for him! x

Advertisement