Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rowing clubs in kilkenny

Options
  • 17-02-2011 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

HI there I am just wondering is there a rowing club in kilkenny
    I would like to try it cos I am doing it in the gym cos I am recovering from an injury from running. I would like to do it once a week and Il go from there thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I know one of the guys from Kilkenny in the cycling forum is big into his kayaking, I'll ask him. There's this club in Kilkenny.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭misterdeeds

I know one of the guys from Kilkenny in the cycling forum is big into his kayaking, I'll ask him. There's this club in Kilkenny.
    sound captain havoc many thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

There's also the Thomastown Paddlers as well out in, yes you've guessed it, Thomastown but that might be too far away.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Hi,

I'm the guy the Captain referred to. Yes there was a bit of a rowing club in kilkenny that was run by the manager of James Stephens swimming pool, I know Pat still dabbles a bit every so often but it is no defunct.

As the previous poster said there is a large Kayak Club in Thomastown and there is also one in Kilkenny city. the closest you will get to skulls rowing is the Carlow Rowing club which is a long established club and less than 30mins drive away. Apart form that there is a rowing club in Graignamanagh which is very active and has members of all abilities.

Having done a fair amount of rowing myself in the past including rowing a Currach from Hollyhead (UK) to Howth (Ire) I'd be fairly well positioned to say that rowing on a gym machine is far far removed for actual rowing. But still its enjoyable and a great way to keep fit.

If I can be of any more use please just let me know.

Adrian

Advertisement