Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clonmel Pubs

Options
  • 17-02-2011 8:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

Someone in Clonmel, who is not on internet ,asked me to find out who had Brendans Lounge before Brendan Dunne RIP and what was it called then. Also where on the Davis road was Gleesons Bar?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Brunomartelli

Dunno about Brendab's but Gleeson's isn't on the Davis Road. It's in Irishtown, just beyond the West Gate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭MinnyMinor

Dunno about Brendab's but Gleeson's isn't on the Davis Road. It's in Irishtown, just beyond the West Gate
    not back then it wasn't, at least not tom gleesons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Brendans on the davis road used to be called Gleesons as far as I know.Nothing to do with the Gleesons at the west gate.

DT100 wrote: »
    Brendans on the davis road used to be called Gleesons as far as I know.
    when would that have been? when did Brendan Dunne take it over?

Nothing to do with the Gleesons at the west gate.
    that is correct. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Brendan Dunnes was origionally known as "The Sportsmans Bar" it was owned by a man called Gleeson until about 1975-1976 when Brendan took it over.
    Mr Gleeson( I think that his name might have been Tom) was from Borrosleigh and his family had a soft drinks firm there.If I have it right he sold the pub to Brendan Dunne and opened a pub in Dublin.
    He had nothing to do with the other Tom Gleeson who had a pub in Gladstone street and now the one in Irishtown.

• Advertisement

Vizzy wrote: »
    Brendan Dunnes was origionally known as "The Sportsmans Bar" it was owned by a man called Gleeson until about 1975-1976 when Brendan took it over.
    Mr Gleeson( I think that his name might have been Tom) was from Borrosleigh and his family had a soft drinks firm there.If I have it right he sold the pub to Brendan Dunne and opened a pub in Dublin.
    He had nothing to do with the other Tom Gleeson who had a pub in Gladstone street and now the one in Irishtown.
    fair dues the info i wanted;) thanks
    knew that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

Vizzy wrote: »

Vizzy,where did Tom have the pub on Gladstone street before Irishtown,I should be able to remember....but the ole grey matter is letting me down on this:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

DT,
    Sorry but I have mislead you on this one:eek:
    I mixed up Tom Gleeson and Billy Gibbs.
    Dont think Tom Gleeson ever had a pub in Gladstone street,sorry.

Advertisement