Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing clothes for PE

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Chickenwing

In our school atm we do swimming and general PE

The swimming aint so bad as none of us shower without shorts on and getting changed you just put a towel around you ....but as it is a public pool as well the old men come in when we're leaving and have no shame in front of "innocent" teenagers :P Leaving an awkward feeling in the room.

When we're doing normal PE we just get changed .....there are showers but i doubt they've been used in about 30 years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I hate my teacher so badly I decided to do chemistry instead haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I never minded, showers would be a bit much, although if everyone was showering it would be ok I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

That is very strange, and surely can't be allowed :eek:
    I've a feeling the principal of that school must have had a few issues.
    It is the same in my school. PE is compulsory unless you are injured in which case you still have to bring gear and ref a match or whatever. All the guys must shower. The girls have said that they don't have to and aren't checked. For first to third year, the teacher came in everyday and made sure you had showered. We all showered in boxers and you never wore white boxers because they went see-through. If you hadn't showered and were already dressed when they came in to check, they told you to go have a shower and everyone just did. If you didn't have a towel, you were told to borrow a towel off someone when they were finished. If you didn't have a change of underwear, there was a single shower upstairs that you had to use.

Fourth year, it is pretty much the same story but they don't check in every week. Every second or third I would think. It is still the same story if you didn't shower. In general, I'd say none of us mind showering but if I forget a towel or spare jocks, I won't use someone else's or go upstairs. You avoid the teacher and wet your hair in the sink before leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Namlub wrote: »
    Meh, I'm in an all girls school and have known most of them for 5 years, we pretty much have no shame anymore. Showers would be a step too far though...

You're a girl? :O :O :O :O :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

We kicked an empty creatine box around the changing room before pe the last day :D Meh I don't really mind it, been playing sports for years, just don't have showers and tis grand!

Jesus, who the feck is taking creatine at that age? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You're a girl? :O:O:O:O:O
    NOT AGAIN

Yes, yes I am :pac:

NOT AGAIN

Yes, yes I am :pac:

128891713076449168.jpg

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Jesus, who the feck is taking creatine at that age? :eek:

Rugby players.

128891713076449168.jpg

Pfft, all my posts are always really girly and stuff...

• Advertisement

Pfft, all my posts are always really girly and stuff...
    That may be so... Shhhhhhhhhh, but I actually thought you were gay :L
    You shouldn't've chosen such a manly username! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

That may be so... Shhhhhhhhhh, but I actually thought you were gay :L

Hahahahhaha Namlubs my girlfriend.. I love her

Me and Noel are a gay couple, it's true <3
    I have no imagination <_<

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

That would explain so much!

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Hahahahhaha Namlubs my girlfriend.. I love her
    You're gay too? :rolleyes:
    Me and Noel are a gay couple, it's true <3

I have no imagination <_<
    I think it's because the first three letters backwards is 'man' and the last three is 'bull' :P

Anyway, back on-topic while there's a mod around :rolleyes:

<Snip>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

You're gay too? :rolleyes:

I think it's because the first three letters backwards is 'man' and the last three is 'bull' :P

Anyway, back on-topic while there's a mod around :rolleyes:

<Snip>

Gay for Namlub.

I love you Namlub. x

You stalk my life on the boardwalk facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

we always had pe more or less first thing from first year through to third year, we didnt get it for lc though. anyway, only one guy ever had a problem getting changed in front of everyone. we were never offered the choice of showers though, but god i wish we were, stinking for the day, the more lynx you put on the more the two smells combined to form an unimaginable stench. It's kind of ok for me and lads who grew up doing it as when i was 16 and playing senior gaa it was assumed you'd shower after, i can understand why people may be nervous at first, but it wears off!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

The whole things never really been an issue for me, in fact I'd really like showers! People would just bring swimsuits or whatever I'd say, but then I know loads of people would be so uncomfortable in swimsuits in front of other people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭GarRoIT

I wouldn't mind it as much if our pe teacher didn't stand in the middle of the showers looking at everyone making sure they didn't spend too long in the shower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

GarRoIT wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind it as much if our pe teacher didn't stand in the middle of the showers looking at everyone making sure they didn't spend too long in the shower.
    nice-to-see-you-why-dont-you-have-a-seat-10687-1254439312-16.jpg

Report them?

Lawliet wrote: »
    Report them?

Tried that, the school seem to think it's normal and say that he has to make sure nothin is goin on in the showers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

GarRoIT wrote: »
    Tried that, the school seem to think it's normal and say that he has to make sure nothin is goin on in the showers.

<Snip>

Had PE today, showered as you do but today the teacher was standing at the entrance to the showers holding everyones towels. It was better then usual I suppose, but I didnt like that he still had his usual creepy grin.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Cant say it bothers me now, Have been playing Junior football for 2 years now and Everyone just go's ahead in the showers. Was awkward for the first session but passed no remarks after that!
    Then again Ive a six pack :P jk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Mod warning:

Can we please tone down the replies to this thread. This is C&H not after hours. Any more inappropriate replies and i'll be giving infractions.

Advertisement