Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Economics Help People :)*

• 17-02-2011 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Hey guys! Ok, so I took up Economics after Christmas this year myself as I had to move to Ordinary Maths. I use Rapid Revision for my textbook and have done the following chapters:

Micro-Economics
    1. Introduction to Economics
    2. The Consumer and Utility
    3. Markets- Supply and Demand
    4. Elasticity

Macro-Economics
    17. Economic Growth and Development
    18. Population
    19. The European Union
    20. History of Economic Thought,

I'm just wondering is it time to start working off exam papers?. I'm doing it outside of school so I have no teacher etc. and desperately want and need a B2 plus.. Does anyone have any hints/tips etc about achieving a high grade in Economics.. Thanks! P.S i'm in 5th years (LC 2012)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 650 ✭✭✭Gordon Gecko

Once you do a topic do ALL the exam q's on that topic and correct using the Marking Schemes which you've downloaded (I should hope!) Then when you've done every exam q on every topic, corrected them and written out the correct version........do them all again. If you do that until LC '12 you'll walk an A1

And if you're so inclined why not register for LC this year and have a go at the Economics paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭AgathaK

I think you could have too little in the micro section! Market structures are a must... Oligopoly, monopoly, perfect competition, imperfect competition...
    And for macro every year there is a factor of production question, capital, labour, enterprise and land. I think you should look at those in greater detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Once you do a topic do ALL the exam q's on that topic and correct using the Marking Schemes which you've downloaded (I should hope!) Then when you've done every exam q on every topic, corrected them and written out the correct version........do them all again. If you do that until LC '12 you'll walk an A1

And if you're so inclined why not register for LC this year and have a go at the Economics paper?
    Hey Gordon Gecko! Thanks for the invaluable advice, the only problem is my school doesn't do Economics as a subject and I would be the only person doing Economics, how would I go about sorting this out if no one else is taking the exam?

Advertisement