Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

munster broadand and linksys router

• 17-02-2011 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭

hi guys got in BB yesterday with above isp. but cant get it to work with my linksys wrt54g router. its working good when connected using ethernet cable straight to desktop and laptop from there power supply/modem and can access the router setup page when i have it connected through router but cant access any webpages. is there any setting i need to change in router as router was working grand with digiweb metro 2 days ago.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭yammagamma

no 1 helping me ??any suggestions pleas e??:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Whats the make and model of the modem that MB supply? It may need to be changed to bridge mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭yammagamma

modem is built into antena i think as cat5 cable comes down from it into power supply and then another cat5 cable from power supply to Lan card in pc . ok so this is more then just a power supply if cat5 cable going in/out but its size shape of a power supply and plugged into mains socket on wall

when i have it connected through router there is different DNS SERVERS IE STARTING WITH 83.147.XXX.X and straight into pc DNS SERVER 79.140.xxx.x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

yammagamma wrote: »
    ok so this is more then just a power supply if cat5 cable going in/out but its size shape of a power supply and plugged into mains socket on wall
    Chances are it's a POE or power over ethernet unit (so basically a power supply for the customer premises equipment (CPE) outside) and that the CPE most probably is causing conflicts with your wrt54g.

In this case, you need to set your wireless router as a wireless access point (WAP) only. A search will provide lots of information on how to set up your router as a WAP (disable NAT, DHCP, etc. - it's normally only a handful of settings) which will work perfectly.

It looks kind of nasty at first glance (e.g. setting a static IP), but it's straightforward once you follow a guide step by step.

Advertisement