Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor Over charging on Data

Options
  • 17-02-2011 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi has anybody else notice a rather large December bill for their data?
    Meteor informed me I had downloaded 42GB (cap is 20) now I never have gone over it before and did not use it much in December as I was away over christmas at did not have the dongle with me. I also have my access logs and they say I used 14.56GB. I use Linux and the logs count everything so I thrust them. I also downloaded 32 Mb in 10 seconds every min for an hour? this is on a edge connection so there must be something wrong.

Strangely my father in law who uses it a few time a week also doubled his usage during December. We also noticed that he was connected even when the dongle was not plugged in (its not the hotspot) Meteor are saying that the billing system is correct and it could not be wrong!

From what i can see meteors billing system cannot count, Maybe the new system is just as bad as the old one which had estimated what you downloaded based on time!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Write to them giving as much detail as possible and asking for full details of the downloads that look suspicous, you should also ask for a full audit of your account over the last few months, when you send the letter you should also send a copy to ComReg.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That's a lot of out of bundle, your bill is somewhere around €450 + for the month??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 justaname

yes bill for data was around €445 they are currently looking into it but so far its nearly 3 weeks. Comreg say that have to show how I used the data. I have email in my logs but they said they couldn't use them as they have to use their own.
    According to comreg I should have also received a text to say i was over my limit but that also never happened, does anybody get a text? I got one for my phone once and that was it.

foggy_lad I will phone them asking for a full audit tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

justaname wrote: »
    yes bill for data was around €445 they are currently looking into it but so far its nearly 3 weeks. Comreg say that have to show how I used the data. I have email in my logs but they said they couldn't use them as they have to use their own.
    According to comreg I should have also received a text to say i was over my limit but that also never happened, does anybody get a text? I got one for my phone once and that was it.

foggy_lad I will phone them asking for a full audit tomorrow.
    your call will get you nowhere as most calls by these companies are taken as feedback, take some time and write to them if it is that important as then you have a record of your reasonable requests etc.

Advertisement