Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC going blank after start-up

• 17-02-2011 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi,

I turned on my Pc yesterday evening as normal and just after the Windows loading sequence my screen went blank, with the screen showing digital/analog in the top left hand corner - thinking it was a problem with my monitor I checked the cables, which are all working fine.

I then pressed f5 during start up to do a sysyem restore, which I managed to do once but made no difference - when I tried it again my screen just froze - I tried running a disk scan on my c drive but it came back all clear - I have never seen this before, my Pc is about 4 years old and has never given me any problems, anyone have any suggestions!?!?! Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭francois

has the resolution been set too high? Press f8 when booting select safe mode and change the refresh rate for the screen or check screen resolution

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭T0mmyM

Could possibly be a problem with your video drivers.
    Try booting into safe mode to see if your display works.

Booting into Safe mode

Advertisement