Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless modem query

• 17-02-2011 11:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭

I was in my cousin's house this evening and she was telling me about a problem she has with a Perlico wireless modem.

They have 2 laptops and 2 desktops in the house. All are connected wirelessly. The 2 laptops connect OK to the modem and also connect OK to the internet.

The 2 desktops seem to connect to the modem OK but do not connect to the internet. The connection strength is good/excellent on both desktops.

They tried ringing Perlico support but having listened to hold music for over an hour, they gave up.

If anyone has any suggestions as to what the problem is and what the answer is, that would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You need to provide more info. Has this ever worked, what is the modem model, can the desktops connect to any other modem, can the desktops work when connected by Ethernet cable?

Advertisement