Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More Election News

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

He also said we have never met the man, I have - both Sr and Jr.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

I goggled "John Boland election" I just found this public flogging of a mans character a bit wrong! And what the feck has enda kenny got to do with this? None of ye not one of ye have said ye met the man! If ye had ye would say. Anyway enjoy yer debate! I don't have the time in contuining. Ye have started the assumption s about me now! And I know none of ye met me or know anything about me! It's pointless trying to point out the fact to ye that Boland is not seen as a jack the ripper type character in his local area! Anyone here still think I'm actually Boland? Get the admin staff of the site to e mail me and I'd gladly prove you wrong! By what evermeans you see fit! Regards and goodbye folks! Take care!

Owen Curran, welcome to boards.ie! Always love to have new members.

So you goggled John Boland after seeing one of his election poster thingies did you? I'll bet you were goggling all right, though I've no idea if it was because he had a thingie hanging off his election poster.

Here's a tip for you:

Puppy farmers are scumbags.

Intensive farming is an unnecessary abhorration and a hangover from post-WWII conditions where the onus was on producing as much food as possible after extended shortages.

Just because one thing goes on that's wrong, that doesn't mean another thing that goes on that's wrong is okay.

The best bit: everybody on this particular forum thinks that puppy farmers are scumbags, and the best part is that since John Boland is proven to be a puppy farmer, QED we think he's a scumbag.

And there's nothing you can do about that, but thanks for registering to defend him, because you've just suceeded in

a) bringing the matter to the attention of more posters
    b) encouraging someone who knows people in John Boland's electorate to email those people with his puppy farming revelations to encourage them NOT to vote for him
    c) making him look like even more of an undesirable candidate

All in all, a sterling day's work - well done. Have a nice day, and y'all come back now! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Luckily we live in Ireland where your occupation,once legal,doesn't determine whether or not you can run for election.the only one here who half gets what im trying to point out is Zapperzy!so most here are against intensive farming Zapperzy? surely at some stage in our states history a farmer has been elected to the dail? i think one former Taoiseach was a farmer! @ Honey-ec. how fu(king dare you call me john! my name is owen curran! im proud to be a curran! im not a boland. im not related to the bolands in any way! Unlike you im not hiding behind a user name to air my views! i have a dog(sammy) who i love dearly,i got him in a rescue centre.the only cost to me was getting him chipped and sterlised!if puppy farms were depending on me for business theyd be very poor! I'm not pro puppy farming,or against it really once dogs are mucked out,watered and fed! when i got sammy i bought all the gear to make his life as happy and comfortable as possible! including a pet containment system! Do you know how many dog owners dont keep their dogs under control in the countryside! leaving them free to roam about!and then claim to be animal lovers! My next door neighbour is a sheep farmer and the amount of times his sheep are "bothered" by dogs is just not fair! and anyone here who thinks im john boland asuming a name? Sad! I often hear people slate other people with no foundation and it bothers me! You should say as you find,not say as you hear! Regards folks

You may think I get what your saying but I don't at all. I am not against your average typical farmer, I am against intensive farming where the animals are kept in tiny pens, fed, watered, bred from and reared for their whole lives until they either die, are sold or slaughtered, this includes battery chickens, piggeries and puppy farming.

Read these-
    Freedom from hunger and thirst.
    Freedom from discomfort.
    Freedom from pain, injury and disease.
    Freedom to express normal patterns of behaviour.
    Freedom from fear and distress.

These are the basic animal welfare guidelines. Since you keep referring to farming, most farming practices abide by these 5 freedoms of animal welfare. Intensive farming such as the ones I mentioned above do not.

You say you are not pro-puppy farming or against puppy farming so long as the dogs are fed, water and mucked out? So you think it's ok that 1 person may have over 700 dogs and spends approximately 2 minutes a day with each dog to spray some water from a hose to fill a water bowl, throw a handful of nuts into a bowl and maybe runs a brush to brush out any solid excrement and possibly even just quickly powerhoses the pen down (although from looking at inside footage of other puppy farms this is never ever done), and that that dog may never get to leave their pen to have a run around like a normal dog? But so long as their very very basic nutritional needs are met this is ok? :confused: Seriously would you like for your dog to be kept in these sort of conditions?

What has roaming dogs got to do with puppy farming? You'l also find 99% of people here are also against that. And your pet containment system if it's what I think it is, most here are against those too, Im surprised a shelter actually adopted a dog to you with one of those.
    I goggled "John Boland election" I just found this public flogging of a mans character a bit wrong! And what the feck has enda kenny got to do with this? None of ye not one of ye have said ye met the man! If ye had ye would say. Anyway enjoy yer debate! I don't have the time in contuining. Ye have started the assumption s about me now! And I know none of ye met me or know anything about me! It's pointless trying to point out the fact to ye that Boland is not seen as a jack the ripper type character in his local area! Anyone here still think I'm actually Boland? Get the admin staff of the site to e mail me and I'd gladly prove you wrong! By what evermeans you see fit! Regards and goodbye folks! Take care!

Of course he's not seen as jack the ripper in his own area, he's probably held up as a brilliant example as a local entrepreneur! If we were dissing any other candidate such as enda kenny without having personally met him too would you jump in to defend him too?

How do you know that Zapperzy isin't my real name too? How do I know that Owen Curran is your real name? How does anybody know on the internet who they are really speaking too? We don't. Sure I could get the admin staff to email me too and I could tell them I'm the pope! Unless we had to show ID when signing up to these forums anybody can pretend to be anybody, sure I could be John Boland, nobody knows!
    I'm not getting wound up! Quite the opposite! I think this is typical Ireland! Give out till the cows come home but do feck all about it! How I found this forum you asked! I seen bolands election poster Thingy hanging on a lamp post in Ballymore. So I goggled his name and found this! And I'm presuming if ye had met him ye would have stated this fact! And not once have I said I agree with puppy farming!not once I repeat, yet I get skated for playing devils advocate. I just don't agree with attacking a persons character on the basis of stuff ye heard not seen! Is that SO hard to understand!

How do you know that we are doing feck all about it? All posters here educate people about the dangers of buying from puppy farms and we try to educate people in how best to go about buying a puppy, so no none of us here are doing feck all about it. If you mean actually going out and getting these places investigated and shut down then by law there is nothing we can do, and there will be definitely nothing we will be able to do if John Boland gets elected and gets his say in animal welfare issues, he's hardly going to bring in legislation that will affect his business.

Yes you have said you agree with puppy farming, you said "I'm not pro puppy farming,or against it really once dogs are mucked out,watered and fed!" So you have said you have no problem with puppy farms so long as their very very basic needs are met, even if it breaks the basic five freedoms of animal welfare.

"I just don't agree with attacking a persons character on the basis of stuff ye heard not seen!" We have only heard it because we are not allowed see it, he hardly has it opened up to visitors does he? If I rang him tomorrow and asked him for a tour of the place to take some footage, do you think he would let me in?

First Count:

Willie Penrose - 11406
    James Bannon - 9129
    Peter Burke - 6629
    Nicky McFadden - 6129
    Paul Hogan - 4339
    Robert Troy - 4275
    Mae Sexton - 3960
    Peter Kelly - 3876
    Boxer Moran - 3707
    Mary O'Rourke - 3046
    John Boland - 330
    Siobhan Kinahan - 309
    David D'Arcy - 159
    Benny Cooney - 130
    Donal Jackson - 101

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,899 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I am not surprised that there are 330 Puppy Farm supporters in his area.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Where'd you see those figures, EGAR? Watching the count on RTE and according to the returning officer he only got 119 votes. Bummer - not!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭RoastBeefDinner

He's been eliminated. Now a way to shut his operation down..

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Where'd you see those figures, EGAR? Watching the count on RTE and according to the returning officer he only got 119 votes. Bummer - not!

He did, in Laois/Offaly. The 330 he received in Longford/Westmeath - he was spreading himself all over the board ;). Not that it helped him.

He did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Dont have much to add, only i lived down the road from boland for a year, and am local. The man is a scumbag. When i was there he had up to 700 breeding bitches. He has huge gates and a big wall up wit a camera looking at ya. Im surprised he got any votes. Nothing short of a prick, and the worst about it is, he knows people high up and gets away with this ****. And the reason he meets people at the shop in horseleap to sell pups (out of handyness sake:rolleyes:), is because he dosn want you to see the sh1thole he's runnin!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

Did anyone see his posters? The lovely scenery in the background. At first glance you would think it was an advertisement for a new golf course or somethin. Glad he only got 119votes but am stil surprised he got that amount.

Advertisement