Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Past Mocks

• 17-02-2011 11:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

I'm just wondering, is there anywhere you can get the last few years mocks? I don't mind what publisher or anything I'm just curious as to whether you can get them or not? Coming up to the LC I know I'll have all the exam papers done(especially in Biology) so I was hoping to get my hands on a few more.
    Any help greatly appreciated. :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 814 ✭✭✭NotExactly

I'm just wondering, is there anywhere you can get the last few years mocks?

[HTML]http://pastpapers.ie[/HTML] They cost about a euro per paper and about 5 euro for tapes.They also come with marking schemes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

I don't know about getting past papers but if you want you can have the ones I did for my mocks this year.

Keep in mind most schools do different mocks so yours will probably be a lot different from mine.

I will try put some of mine up here and send them to you in a message so you can let me know if your interested.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You're really much better off doing the real papers. The mocks from the different companies are littered with errors and questions that would never be asked on a real paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

spurious wrote: »
    You're really much better off doing the real papers. The mocks from the different companies are littered with errors and questions that would never be asked on a real paper.

Totally agree. Not to mind the fact that when they manage to produce one which doesn't have errors, the standard of questions varies enormously. My own LC class were able to see that this year when they did their ag science mock. Topics duplicated on the paper and a lot of one word/one line answers. Not the standard expected of higher level.

Stick to the real exam papers and if you've run out of them ask your teacher if they have older papers that are not available on examinations.ie. To be fair, if you are able to answer all of the questions on the past papers that are available you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭GoldRush4821

spurious wrote: »

I can't say I've noticed such errors/irrelevant questions in my own mocks tbh. Most questions have seemed to be similar to those I have done in my exam papers... Nevertheless, it can't hurt to get more practice and I plan to do another mock before the LC and my school doesn't do anything like that, so being able to sit a fresh exam will be beneficial and this is the only way I can do it. At the same time, I don't really want to pay for them, so thanks for the link NotExactly but i'd much rather just swap papers with one of you kind people. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement