Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WoW account deletion?

Options
  • 17-02-2011 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hey,

I've been told that if you don't play WoW for 6 months, they can delete your account or characters. I'm not sure if this is true. I have re-read the terms of service and couldn't find anything that points to it being true but I'd still like to know as I have a few higher level characters. It would be a waste and a shame if they got deleted.

Anyone know if it's true or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Your account won't get deleted don't worry :) It'll just stay frozen if you decide to come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

They dont appear on the armory after a while but they are still there

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Yup, pretty much what the others have said.

I recently reactivated my US account and it was inactive since 2007, it was just as how I had left it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Hey,

I've been told that if you don't play WoW for 6 months, they can delete your account or characters. ?
    no
    Give whoever told you that a smack on the back of the head and tell them to stop spreading lies. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

Blizzard responded to this on the official forums before. What they said was they had the option to delete accounts after 6 months of inactivity, but to date they have not deleted any.

They said they would send a mail to the registered e-mail address advising you if they were planning on deleting your account.

I think this was being considered before WoW grew, back in vanilla. There's really no reason for them to delete accounts now, seeing as their server farms are so big.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

I stopped playing for over a year and a half, and everything was exactly how i left it when i came back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 AuroraBorealis

Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to remember it :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Moral of this thread....everyone comes back eventually.

Advertisement