Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does anyone have a degree in Environmental Science?

• 17-02-2011 11:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone,

I'm currently a first year student in DCU. I'm studying common entry into science, and I'm considering going into environmental science and health next year.

Has anyone here got a similar degree?? Did you enjoy it?

Or is anyone here working having got their degree?

Any info will be really appreciated!
    :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 MrsNY

Go for it!
    I know many people with Env degrees who are working in the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

Op I have an MSc in Environmental Sciences from Trinity, I know someone that did that particular BSc in DCU. It's a great course, the skills and experience you get out of it is brilliant and that chap enjoyed it. I enjoyed doing Environmental Science, I still enjoy it and what I'm doing now is an extension of the things I enjoyed in that course (doing a PhD in Geography; Sedimentology and Geochemistry). Jobs are scarce regardless of what course you do, I wouldn't let it get you down as you're only in first year and still have a few more to go, by which case things will have certainly improved (Ireland might be still tricky but the UK, EU, US etc...).

Advertisement