Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliding Wardrobe doors.

• 17-02-2011 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭

Been looking at putting a wardrobe in sons bedroom for a while and priced up the doors in various places untill this week I found a half price sale at Woodies.
    50% off. It was going to be E750-E950 in other places and now it will cost about E350.Not bad doors just limited sizes and styles but I'm getting the ones I want for half price so not a bad deal.
    Think the sale is till 06-03-11.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭golfbgud

Yep - I bought three mirror doors in Woodies and fitted them. The Boss is happy so brownie points for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

How did you find them when fitted,are they sturdy? I am looking at 4 doors,2 mirror and 2 oak on white glass.
    Is it only the bottom and top track needed or did you go for end rails?

Sturdy - yes, but then that would depend on how well you have the frame constructed around the rails. I screwed bottom rails directly to the existing wooden floor. For the top rail I bought the white plastic extender kits to fill the gap from the top of ceiling to top of rail. There's plenty of weight in the doors so once they are straight and plumb they are sturdy.

Hope this helps! I'm not a carpenter but the end result is presentable.....

That is great to hear,thanks.My friend is a carpenter and he owes me a few days for work I did for him. He will make up the insides because it is an 800 deep alcove so will be custom made but I will be his helper so I want all ready to go.Did you finish to a wall or freestanding?

Also there is a 20%discount woodies voucher in Bargain alerts for this weekend so will buy all my rails etc tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

Woodies in Mullingar don't have the doors. what woodies have them on sale

• Advertisement

Asked in Castlebar today and they said the doors are available in every store,it may be a stock issue in Mullingar but they should be able to order them in.They are in the sale leaflet front page.

http://www.buy4now.ie/woodiesdiy/images/woodiesbuster24Jan2011.pdf

I bought the rails for 45 with 20% off so 36 euro and 4 doors for 270 so it cost 306 euro for the whole lot.Cannot beat that.

Got a pair today in Woodies Lucan. Only the original Woodies stock them. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

B&Q own range are quite reasonably priced and excellent quality, I noticed on the ones I bought last year that the are actually manufactured by Stanely !!

Limited range though.

aido 1976 wrote: »
    B&Q own range are quite reasonably priced and excellent quality, I noticed on the ones I bought last year that the are actually manufactured by Stanely !!

Limited range though.

I think the Woodies range may also be Stanley!

golfbgud wrote: »
    I think the Woodies range may also be Stanley!

Yes, the ones I got are made by Stanley. Now to build a wardrobe to put them on :o:o:o

• Advertisement

Anyone know somewhere Midlands up to Sligo/Mayo that does 8 x 4 sheets of white MDF or similar for making carcass??
    Most places only seem to have 8 x 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 213 ✭✭Snaggerman

Ronin247 wrote: »
    Anyone know somewhere Midlands up to Sligo/Mayo that does 8 x 4 sheets of white MDF or similar for making carcass??
    Most places only seem to have 8 x 2.

Carpentry store Naas (I know, not quite midlands, but not much further..)
    Unit D4 M7 Business Park Naas Co Kildare. Telephone, 045 883088
    They carry 8x4 veneered chipboard, various finishes.
    But if it's MDF your after, all the B&Q's stock it in 1/2" and 3/4"

Advertisement