Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cant get on my router configuration web page

• 18-02-2011 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

i wud like to go to my routers settings page. to do thsi i usually type in 192.168.1.254 into the address bar and click enter and no problems but recently ive been trying this and it wont work for me i get brought to a page where it says "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.254
    Did you mean: 192-*168-*1-*254.*org
    Additional suggestions:
    Go to 192-*168-*1-*254.*net
    Try reloading: 192.*168.*1.*254
    :

My router model is a ZyXEL p-660HW-T1 v3 and i am with eircom broadband
    any help would be appreciated.

misspelled the title sorry cant edit that for some reason if a mod could do it , it wud be good thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

oneill787 wrote: »
    i wud like to go to my routers settings page. to do thsi i usually type in 192.168.1.254 into the address bar and click enter and no problems but recently ive been trying this and it wont work for me i get brought to a page where it says "Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.254
    Did you mean: 192-*168-*1-*254.*org
    Additional suggestions:
    Go to 192-*168-*1-*254.*net
    Try reloading: 192.*168.*1.*254
    :

My router model is a ZyXEL p-660HW-T1 v3 and i am with eircom broadband
    any help would be appreciated.

misspelled the title sorry cant edit that for some reason if a mod could do it , it wud be good thanks

Run ipconfig /all in a command prompt and check the gateway address.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭oneill787

how do i do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Click this link - (The password is broadband1)

http://192.168.1.254

thanks but i tried that.. when i refresh my router it works but that means i have to go opening the ports i have opened for call of duty all over again. and after i do that i cant reload the page again its a bit of an inconvenience more than anything..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,447 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

thanks but i tried that.. when i refresh my router it works but that means i have to go opening the ports i have opened for call of duty all over again. and after i do that i cant reload the page again its a bit of an inconvenience more than anything..

Exactly what ports are you forwarding?

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    Exactly what ports are you forwarding?

Activision told me this "Next, set port forwarding on your router to the IP address of your Playstation 3.This game uses ports 53, 81, 88, 3074, 3075, 3478 (UDP) and ports 53, 80, 81, 443, 5223, 3074 (TCP)." So i went to my routers configuration page then went to "Advanced" then "remote mgmt" then i type each of those numbers in and pressed apply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,496 ✭✭✭✭guil

no ya have it wrong, press the reset button on the back and start again
    go to network and then nat, click on the port forwarding tab and then enter the ports there, ya need to have the ps3 or xbox on a static ip and know it aswell before ya set the ports

Activision told me this "Next, set port forwarding on your router to the IP address of your Playstation 3.This game uses ports 53, 81, 88, 3074, 3075, 3478 (UDP) and ports 53, 80, 81, 443, 5223, 3074 (TCP)." So i went to my routers configuration page then went to "Advanced" then "remote mgmt" then i type each of those numbers in and pressed apply.

I thought so, you're forwarding port 80 on the router back to your machine, so you understandably can't access the routers web page after that. You shouldn't need to forward half those ports. UDP port 53 is for DNS requests for example.

I thought so, you're forwarding port 80 on the router back to your machine, so you understandably can't access the routers web page after that. You shouldn't need to forward half those ports. UDP port 53 is for DNS requests for example.

right im not sure what a dns request is. but these ports were given to me by activision. so what should i do. i need my nat type to be open not moderate on black ops but this not being able to access my routers page without refreshing it is a big inconvenience

right im not sure what a dns request is. but these ports were given to me by activision. so what should i do. i need my nat type to be open not moderate on black ops but this not being able to access my routers page without refreshing it is a big inconvenience

Try remove the port forwarding and just use the DMZ option.

• Advertisement

Try remove the port forwarding and just use the DMZ option.

i have absolouletly no idea how to do that :olol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jimaneejeebus

i have absolouletly no idea how to do that :olol?

Have you tried 192.168.1.254 in Firefox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Try 192.168.1.1 and see if that works ive used this before on a zyxel from eircom they don't use the old 192.168.1.254 address that they used to before on the netopia models let me know if you have any luck with this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭jimaneejeebus

jay93 wrote: »
    they don't use the old 192.168.1.254 address that they used to before

My one does and its the newer zyxel

edit.....192.168.1.1 works as well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 339 ✭✭SurferDude41

Had the same problem with a 3 Huawei B260a router.
    You need to go into your firewall settings, and make an exception for your router....Or disconnect from the internet and disable your firewall for a few seconds....Don't forget to enable the firewall again.
    This should solve your problem....SD...

Just for furture reference:

Windows key + R>Type "cmd" (without quotes) > Type "ipconfig" (again, without quotes) > Look for "Default Gateway..............XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX". The XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX is the address you type into the address bar of your browser ;)

Advertisement