Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using n97mini charger for desire hd

Options
  • 18-02-2011 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭

Just a quickie as i cant seem to find anything concrete in any searches i've done.

Just upgraded from n97 to dhd and i'd like to know is it ok to use the n97s mains charger to charge the dhd?
    So i could at least leave the supplied usb adapter with the cpu downstairs.

Thanks for any input

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Basically any micro usb charger will work
    The only thing is, they will vary in their output
    Samsung for example is around .5A output if I recall correctly, where my HTC Desire charger is 1A, so it charges in half the time using the original charger

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭salad dodger

Mad_Mike wrote: »
    Basically any micro usb charger will work
    The only thing is, they will vary in their output
    Samsung for example is around .5A output if I recall correctly, where my HTC Desire charger is 1A, so it charges in half the time using the original charger

I'm in the habit of charging my phones overnight so with the varying outputs is there any chance of frying the desires battery if the output is higher from the nokia charger than from the htc one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Mad_Mike

Probably best not to exceed any limits, but I doubt the Nokia charger is higher. If anything, I'd imagine its probably lower rated than the HTC one. It will be written on the charger anyway

Advertisement