Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oh Noes!!!1!

Options
  • 18-02-2011 1:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭

I seem to have lost my forum! :pac:
    Watch this space. New Mod coming soon.....

Oh, and blah blah blah I LOVE YOU GUYS blah blah self-indulgent goodbyes etc....

:D

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I wonder who's going to get the life-time achievement Jizzler this year! :pac:

Fair play though, in all seriousness, for 26 months of top-quality moderating. I don't know how you kept this up for so long on top of the UCC and Leaving Cert fora! :eek:

*raises a glass to toast the departing host*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........oooooooooo. Why'd you do it knifey :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Knifey. There's not much all I can apart from:

You are awesome.

YAY KNIFEY!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Without your powers you are but a mere mortal. Quickly, let's stone him to death while we have the chance and claim it was retribution for all the attacks against our people. They'll never know we just like the ol' bit of execution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

*raises a glass to toast the departing host*
    Thank you very much! :) And if you don't mind, I'll have a glass of whatever you're having.....
    Namlub wrote: »
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.........oooooooooo. Why'd you do it knifey :(
    Well, I have the Jizzler now. It's all I ever wanted. MWAH-HA-HA!!!
    *runs away to Mexico*

But seriously, I've been here long enough. Time to hand over the reins to someone new.
    Konata wrote: »
    Knifey. There's not much all I can apart from:

You are awesome.

YAY KNIFEY!
    Me fail English? That's unpossible! :pac:

But thank you very much. You has teh awesome too, btw. In case I haven't told you enough already! :)<3

• Advertisement

>_<

OMG though.

I totes love my KnifeWRENCH. Yes. MY Knifey!!! :P <3

Davidius wrote: »
    Without your powers you are but a mere mortal. Quickly, let's stone him to death while we have the chance and claim it was retribution for all the attacks against our people. They'll never know we just like the ol' bit of execution.
    We may be equals here. But I can still destroy you if you venture into Leaving Cert or UCC.

*narrows eyes*
    Konata wrote: »
    >_<

OMG though.

I totes love my KnifeWRENCH. Yes. MY Knifey!!! :P <3

<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333333......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Needs more Davidius and deise_girl as mods tbh.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Thanks for the great job modding up til now - still post regularly, even if you're not a mod!

And if Davidius isn't made a mod, that's clearly an injustice to the whole C+H forum and I will... eh... not make my bed for a month... in protest.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

Aww Knifey you've been mod of here ever since I joined (Well Im 90% certain you have..)
    It'll be weird without you!

Also this is kinda off topic but its not really so Ill go for it (And youre not mod anymore so we're equals :pac: )
    Before I become admin of boards I was wondering do you have to ehh "resign" as mod at some stage, or can you keep going forever? Or if you dont resign at some point will someone tell you when you've served your time? Coz everyone always ask how to become one but no one ever asks about not being one anymore!

So yerra like aul Timmy said keep posting here even if you lost your authority! :P

• Advertisement

deise_girl wrote: »
    Aww Knifey you've been mod of here ever since I joined (Well Im 90% certain you have..)

Also this is kinda off topic but its not really so Ill go for it (And youre not mod anymore so we're equals :pac: )
    Before I become admin of boards I was wondering do you have to ehh "resign" as mod at some stage, or can you keep going forever? Or if you dont resign at some point will someone tell you when you've served your time? Coz everyone always ask how to become one but no one ever asks about not being one anymore!

So yerra like aul Timmy said keep posting here even if you lost your authority! :P

You can be a mod forever if you want. It's just a personal choice to step down. Many people step down as mods cause they find they don't have enough time anymore, or because they just don't want to do it anymore, or because they feel they're not involved in their forum(s) anymore or their interests have waned or any million other reasons!

Basically you just inform a Cmod that you'd like to step down from a certain forum or all your forums or whatever and then they try to find a replacement.

There ya go :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's very rare for anybody to be told to stop modding. :)

Most people just keep it up for as long as real life allows. College/work/family/health stuff can pop up, but most times a mod will be told they'll be welcome to come back in the future/when things are calmer again. Other times (speaking from my own experience) it feels like something needs to change. I believed this forum needed fresh impetus when I stepped down, because I just didn't feel like I had the energy for it.

Different strokes for different folks though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Shame knifey, you were one of the goods one aswell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Thanks Knife for the work you have done here.

Thanks for the great job modding up til now - still post regularly, even if you're not a mod!

And if Davidius isn't made a mod, that's clearly an injustice to the whole C+H forum and I will... eh... not make my bed for a month... in protest.
    Don't overreact, such a stirring act of defiance should only be used for the greatest injustice known to mankind: deise_girl not being made admin.

deise_girl wrote: »
    Yup. Myself and Piste have been modding this forum since it was set up two years ago. :)

And I'll still be posting, I just don't get to boss you guys around anymore....

Like Konata and IO said, you don't ever have to resign if you don't want. You just step down when you feel like it and then CMods and Admins will find your replacement.

The only way you'd ever be made step dwon from a forum would be if you did something horribly wrong (like bullying a user or something) or else if you were inactive (from the site, not just your forum) for a long long time.

You'll learn all this anyway by the time you become the sole Admin of this site (and, indeed, supreme ruler of the whole Internet) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Well done, Sir Wrench! You may not have owned a motorbike or a leather jacket emblasoned with a Royal Air Force roundel, but you're still one of the best mods I've ever seen. :)

You did a mighty good job, and we'll miss your benevolent dictatorship! Also, where're your mod powers now!? :P

Also, where're your mod powers now!? :P

In LC and UCC. Both of which I can ban you from, if I feel like it! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

OMG!!!!

HAAAAAAATE THIS! :eek:

Knifey, I like.... boardsie love you :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Man falling down a well.

(noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo etc)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭MavisDavis

Thank you, dear sir, for some truly stellar moderating. Or, to say it as the great Pygmalion would, "grand bit of modding there".

MavisDavis wrote: »
    Thank you, dear sir, for some truly stellar moderating. Or, to say it as the great Pygmalion would, "grand bit of modding there".
    gg KnifeWRENCH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Jolly good show Knifey!

May I again suggest Jizzler for mod? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

In LC and UCC. Both of which I can ban you from, if I feel like it! :pac:

Ooh! Hmm, I might take you up on the latter one, just so I can truthfully say that "I was banned from UCC during RAG Week". :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Ginja Ninja

It's a shame to see you go,but thanks for all the effort these past years.

.....waiit a sec,does this mean more work for me?well balls to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭storm2811

Nooooooo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

N'awwwww you're leaving?

I may have always mixed you and IO up in my head (still do tbh) but hope you enjoyed from modding this place:).

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

Sorry to see you go as mod KnifeWRENCH, hope you do stick around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo^4839393393482942424

:(

I hope you got a good pension scheme though

• Advertisement

N'awwwww you're leaving?

I may have always mixed you and IO up in my head (still do tbh) but hope you enjoyed from modding this place:).

Mixing up IO and Knifey? But it's so easy to tell the difference!

Knifey is awesome and IO is well... not :pac:

See? Easy! :P

Advertisement