Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Car Wash that do washing from underneath?

• 18-02-2011 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to get my car washed from underneath, under the car after the winter get rid of all salt and other nasty things.

Can anybody point me to the car wash that will provide the service.

Thanks,
    seb

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

zslr37.jpg

get yourself down to my front garden :D

but on a serious note. i've done under my arches/ chassis a few times now since the big freeze ended, but because of the amount of "grit" used to de-ice the roads this year, theres still a good bit of residue on the roads so every time it rains your back to square one.

if you only plan to get it done once, i'd hold off for another few weeks, let the rain do its thing a while longer.

i dont think a lot of places offer this service, but its not unheard of. if you do want to get it done now, maybe give a rough idea where you are so people can make recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

Texaco Blanchardstown (Up by ballycoolin/corporate parks) now advertises underbody car washing in their carwashes. Might be of some use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

I find this helps me get into those nooks and crannies :D

TruckProppedUp.jpg

Failing that you're going to have to find a car wash with underbody wash most of them do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭sebna

Thanks guys.

I am located in Dublin 15 so blanch is good option for me.

If you got any other locations pls let me know.

I follow your advice andyseadog and hold on few more weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,421 ✭✭✭dnme

Put on old clothes, go to your garage, get down on the ground with power hose and blast away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭mobby

Maxol garage in Lucan have one also.

Thanks mobby for info about Lucan.
    dnme wrote: »
    Put on old clothes, go to your garage, get down on the ground with power hose and blast away.

Would love to do it but the problem is I do not have power hose and what it makes even more difficult I do not have garage :D

But advice taken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

Do they deliver garages and out side taps as well? :rolleyes:

Plus free delivery is in UK :P

But yes once I got my own garage something from offerings of this manufacture I will buy.

Thanks

sebna wrote: »
    Do they deliver garages and out side taps as well? :rolleyes:

Plus free delivery is in UK :P

But yes once I got my own garage something from offerings of this manufacture I will buy.

Thanks

Garage:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dunster-House-Trent-Double-Garage/dp/B004JNXR7W/ref=sr_1_1?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1298030896&sr=1-1

Outside tap:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Am-Tech-Brass-Outside-Garden-Tap/dp/B002NH886G/ref=sr_1_1?s=outdoors&ie=UTF8&qid=1298030933&sr=1-1

:D

But, yes - Free Super Saver Delivery is free to Ireland on orders over £25 quid. My brother got one of those washers delivered yesterday after ordering Monday.

• Advertisement

LOL now I wonder is there anything else they dont sell.

Cheers for heads up.

Thanks mobby for info about Lucan.

Would love to do it but the problem is I do not have power hose and what it makes even more difficult I do not have garage :D

But advice taken.

When I say go to garage, I mean your local filling station, one that has a power hose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

When I say go to garage, I mean your local filling station, one that has a power hose.

I got one close by on Navan Road.
    But that one is only ok if you want to do a quick wash. 7 euro for rather limited time.
    I am looking for one with unlimited time, as long as you keep in dumping coins and where i can choose the parts in the program myself.
    Anyone know of such a thing in D15/7?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭zulfikarMD

inforfun wrote: »
    I got one close by on Navan Road.
    But that one is only ok if you want to do a quick wash. 7 euro for rather limited time.
    I am looking for one with unlimited time, as long as you keep in dumping coins and where i can choose the parts in the program myself.
    Anyone know of such a thing in D15/7?

Independent petrol station on Clonsilla Road has machine which takes only coins and coins...but it is not programable in terms of selecting parts..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

zulfikarMD wrote: »
    Independent petrol station on Clonsilla Road has machine which takes only coins and coins...but it is not programable in terms of selecting parts..

I ll check that one out soon.

The one i use now every now and then starts straight on with spraying shampoo, and not for long. have to run your arse off to cover the entire car. Then you get some time to wash and after that it is 5 minutes rinsing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Hi,

I am looking to get my car washed from underneath, under the car after the winter get rid of all salt and other nasty things.

Can anybody point me to the car wash that will provide the service.

Thanks,
    seb

Spawell SS Tallaght Road, Tallaght, Dublin 6W 01-4906828

It's called supreme plus car wash and costs 14 yoyos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

Spawell SS Tallaght Road, Tallaght, Dublin 6W 01-4906828

It's called supreme plus car wash and costs 14 yoyos

Call me tight but I hope you get a meal, coffee and valet as well for that:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

Now you might laugh, but an easy way to wash underneath your car is to get an Oscillating garden sprinkler.

Like this,
    oscillating-sprinkler-1.jpg

Put it under the car and leave it spraying for a while. move it around to ensure it reaches all areas.
    It will rinse away all dirt/salt/grit etc with no hard work for you.

Simples :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭Heroditas

mobby wrote: »
    Maxol garage in Lucan have one also.

Good call.
    I often go there if I'm too lazy to wash the car myself.
    Any Maxol that has a Maxiwash is worth going to.

Now you might laugh, but an easy way to wash underneath your car is to get an Oscillating garden sprinkler.

Like this,

Put it under the car and leave it spraying for a while. move it around to ensure it reaches all areas.

That is absolute genius!

• Advertisement

Like this,

I suspect you're gonna need a bit more pressure than that. Quite a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I suspect you're gonna need a bit more pressure than that. Quite a bit.

It's not going to blast away dirt/salt etc, but it will soak it through and eventually wash it away.
    I used to use this method to clean the underside of my Hilux. Leave it spraying for 5 - 10 mins and it would be spotless underneath.

Advertisement