Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking to get cross tattoo on finger

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭antocann

any artist could do it . why pic that as a first tattoo. minimum for any tattoo os usualy 50 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd recommend putting a LOT of thought, time and consideration before getting this done, as it will very much effect how people perceive you, particularly potential employers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

there is a MASSIVE stigma attatched to this sort of tattoo. getting it as a first tattoo is a bum move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭whiteboy

I'd recommend putting a LOT of thought, time and consideration before getting this done, as it will very much effect how people perceive you, particularly potential employers.

true, the plus side is it doesn't look very noticeable especially from a distance it could look just like a scar/mark

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Looks like something a junkie has done on their hands to be honest.

And definately not a hand tattoo as a first tattoo either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭briano

whiteboy wrote: »
    true, the plus side is it doesn't look very noticeable especially from a distance it could look just like a scar/mark

I don't agree, it'll look like a junkie tattoo if anyone gets any sort of look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Teangalad

briano wrote: »
    I don't agree, it'll look like a junkie tattoo if anyone gets any sort of look at it.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭moonflower

You'll probably have a bit of difficulty finding someone to tattoo your hands, especially if you have no other tattoos.

Hand tattoos generally turn into a blurry mess after a few years and unless you like wearing gloves a lot it would not work in your favour if you're ever looking for a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

I've had this exact cross on my middle finger for the last 25 years, take it from me anybody that notices it will have you judged as a scumbag without even giving you a chance, I commute on the Bus every day and at least three times a week I notice people staring at my hand and looking away as if i'm going to batter them when I look back at them, I certainly would'nt recommend it, I'm not saying hand tattoo's are bad but if your getting one I would get something a bit more artistic.

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

whiteboy wrote: »
    basically an exact replica of this

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_uO1Oz5llKXA/TLSNuP0-HKI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/7H_dUdwFUe4/s1600/vlcsnap-2010-10-09-01h07m07s47.png

I can't imagine it would be expensive nor take to long to do, amirite?

Any info is welcome this is my first tattooooo

When I was getting a finger tattoo I was told by two studios they wouldnt do it, eventually found someone to do it.

After I had it done I was chatting to tattooist about it while I was getting my next tattoo and he said that in his experience and from friends in the industry a lot of artists will wont do finger tattoos unless the client is already heavily tattooed.. as they see the risk of the client coming back and giving out about any discrimination PLUS the fact hand tattoos wear more than other parts of the body as not worth the hassle

Finger tats are a bold move for a first tattoo! Just be 100% you want it. Plus I agree with the posters above, it makes me think of junkies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement