Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's a good phone to buy?

Options
  • 18-02-2011 3:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy a smartphone with a good camera, preferably Samsung, I just don't know which to go for, the galaxy s looks really cool but slightly overpriced but I' be willing to fork out some extra cash if it was worth it.

AH is probably not the greatest place to post this but I could not find the relevant forum, any phone experts please pm me, much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Galaxy s is a grand phone. Look for the Android forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭smilerf

stay away from the Sony Ericsson Vivaz. Simply does not work. Very buggy. Can't wait to get rid

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Have a look at the Samsung Wave S8500. In terms of hardware it almost the same as the Galaxy except it is better made and a bit smaller. The camera is the same as on the Galaxy except it's a bit more versatile as it has a flash while the Galaxy doesn't.

The camera is very good.

The two main differences are that the Galaxy runs Android while the Wave runs an OS called Bada. The other big difference is price. The Wave can be got SIM free for €320

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-S8500-Wave-Mobile-Phone/dp/B003LBT9Q6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298158567&sr=8-1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Have the Sony Ericsson X8 and I think it's deadly... I love Android :D

Great for music and the battery is better than expected. You also get a free 2GB SD card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Stay away from galaxy. It has lag issues. Have a read on galaxy s thread in android forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

stay away from everything. They've all got issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 corklad100

I Bought the nokia c7 yesterday for 300 quid on vodafone (its also on o2 and 3)

Great smartphone

8mp camera

wifi

the lot

Advertisement