Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SMS Notification for Gmail

• 18-02-2011 4:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭

Just wondering is there a way to receive a sms to notify me of new e mails for when I cant get wi fi or 3g coverage? I Don't need to be able to read the e mail just notified of it. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

I forward everything to my Vodafone email, and then I get a text from Vodafone,which is free, saying I have a new mail. The best part is that it tells you in the text who the mail is from.
    Then every few months I have to empty the inbox on the Vodafone account, but that isn't much of a hassle.
    Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭wilmer mclean

steelbar wrote: »
    I forward everything to my Vodafone email, and then I get a text from Vodafone,which is free, saying I have a new mail. The best part is that it tells you in the text who the mail is from.
    Then every few months I have to empty the inbox on the Vodafone account, but that isn't much of a hassle.
    Hope this helps

Thanks. That's exactly what I am looking for. I am with meteor, presume they have a similar service. Did you have to set up the notifications in Vodafone mail or did it automatically do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

Thanks. That's exactly what I am looking for. I am with meteor, presume they have a similar service. Did you have to set up the notifications in Vodafone mail or did it automatically do it?

Yea I think I had to set up the notifications in Vodafone, it was so long ago I cant remember.
    As far as i remember, it was just a matter of ticking a box.

Yea I think I had to set up the notifications in Vodafone, it was so long ago I cant remember.

Sound will give it a go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

E-mails will still come through on 2G (GPRS/EDGE - not sure which one Meteor Uses) they will just be a bit slow in coming.

If you are not getting internet/e-mail outside 3G areas have a look in data settings section, you might have 3G only data enabled.

Brian.

• Advertisement

bd250110 wrote: »
    E-mails will still come through on 2G (GPRS/EDGE - not sure which one Meteor Uses) they will just be a bit slow in coming.

If you are not getting internet/e-mail outside 3G areas have a look in data settings section, you might have 3G only data enabled.

Brian.

Thanks for the help. I am looking for the text option also to save battery/credit.

Just set up a meteor webmail account and unfortunately they don't seem to give text notifications. Its mad remember actually having this service years ago on vodafone or o2. There also seems to have been a option in the past to enter yournumber@sms.mymeteor.ie into your e mail forwarding address but this no longer seems to work either. :(

Advertisement