Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Visa - Best Option?

Options
  • 18-02-2011 5:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭

How's it going guys, myself and two friends from college are planning on going to New York and working there for 3-4 months this summer.

We've inquired with USIT and Go4Less about J1 Visa's and they have them for €99 each. We haven't done this before so just wondering are there any other options or is USIT the way to go? I know we will have to get interviews at the embassy sorted - is there anything else we'll be required to do?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭bobo the clown

I'm sure its been said before but don't forget USIT price embassy fee which is over €100. I have booked Chicago for just over €1000 all included with go4less. Then my friend went to price it with USIT 2 weeks later and was quoted 1200 without embassy fee but I didn't have to pay the €99 charge.

With go4less the embassy interview process is made easier. They start interviews earlier and also sort out forms and bank draft needed although they only have offices in Dublin which you have to visit before your embassy interview.

IMO go4less is slightly better, but thats just me

Advertisement