Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Camel Painter?

• 18-02-2011 10:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to get the van painted in the next couple of months to freshen it up. A full respray will cost way to much, was wondering if anybody knew of any Camel Painters?? And what the average cost would be to paint a van!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

stevire wrote: »
    was wondering if anybody knew of any Camel Painters??

How do you get them to stand still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

hahahahahahahhaa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

arf arf arf!

WTF is a camel Painter? or is this a windup?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

arf arf arf!

WTF is a camel Painter? or is this a windup?

Don't take the hump....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I was talking to a mechanic and he told me I should check out camel painters! He said camel paint is the technique along with the brush and paint used and they slap it on within a few hours with rollers and brushes... I'm guessing they don't call themselves camel painters :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

stevire wrote: »
    I was talking to a mechanic and he told me I should check out camel painters! He said camel paint is the technique along with the brush and paint used and they slap it on within a few hours with rollers and brushes... I'm guessing they don't call themselves camel painters :D

Sorry but you walked into it, maybe coach painter or panel painter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Maybe Camouflage painter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

just don't get involved in any pyramid schemes....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Loads of vans floating around england that have been rollered with self levelling paint.

http://www.club80-90.co.uk/pages/downloads/tech/paintfor%A350.pdf

Lots of examples here:
    http://forum.club8090.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=18751

Finish is as good as your preparation and the amount of cutting back and compounding you are willing to do. Some people have got great results, some are woeful, all are better than looking at rust and filler though.

I payed €1500 to get a high top, 6m long van re-sprayed at a crash repairs behind Dublin airport.

That was for rust removal/treating, colour change, reconditioning rear doors/front grill/wing mirror/three large body holes and underbody stone chip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

I was reading up on this previously on the Club 80-90 site, and plan to give it a go in coming months, but could anyone tell me where I can get a RAL chart from, please? I keep on reading that online is dependent on monitor/ printer quality, so is there any where I can scavenge (or even buy) an official chart? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

When you are finished you can come and do a front room for me.

Advertisement