Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch in City Centre

Options
  • 18-02-2011 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I’m heading to Dublin tomorrow with the other half and am looking for somewhere nice for lunch. I don't mind if it's a bit on the expensive side as it's a one-off. We’re just looking for somewhere with a good atmosphere, decent food and a couple of glasses of wine. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

Pachino's on Suffolk street does lovely italian food and you could get a few glasses of wine :D

http://pacinos.ie/menus/free-wine/

Just found this.... :O Might head to pachinos soon! :D:D

Cafe seven St Andrews street.. I think this place is lovely, its a wine bar but does lovely food too, its a bit on the small side though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there is a little italian on capel street up near the bridge that does an early bird starter, main and a soft drink for €9. me and herself were in it a while ago and found it nice
    i cant think of the name now sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

If it's a special ocassion, try the winding stair beside the Ha'penny.
    Here's a sample lunch menu from their website. http://www.winding-stair.com/Content/TRG/Admin/CMS.nsf/0/AB48014E6D675B5680257635006F324B/$file/lunchfeb14th-20th.pdf

Food is hard to beat and they do a lunch set menu for €18 for two courses or €25 for three if you're on a budget. I think the set meal comes with a glass of house wine but their wine list is pretty decent if you fancy more than a glass or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Lahm

The Kylemore Cafe on North Earl Street do a good cheap meal. Nice price and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

depends on how nice you want to go...

favourite of mine include:

coppinger row, beside powerscourt towncentre (quite casual but tasty food and good value wine and delicious cocktails)
    saba, behind westbury mall (vietnemese restaurant)
    dunne and cresenzi on south great fredrick street (buzzy little italian place)

could think of others but it's 3am:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

there is a little italian on capel street up near the bridge that does an early bird starter, main and a soft drink for €9. me and herself were in it a while ago and found it nice
    i cant think of the name now sorry

That would be Ristorante Romano.
    Nyom nyom.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭wixfjord

spurious wrote: »
    That would be Ristorante Romano.
    Nyom nyom.

Tis brilliant! Great value, great food, chairs that remind you of school, and pink napkins!

Advertisement