Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IE9

• 18-02-2011 10:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 459 ✭✭

I hear Mozzilla banging on about how IE9 is years behind in certain features in comparrison, but imo you can't really compare the two.

Before downloading the RC of IE9 I used three different browsers for three different jobs.

Firefox - to compliment dreamweaver and web design tasks
    Google Chrome - for "on-the-fly" searching and general web use
    Safari - working with mail and documents

IE9 (64bit) looks and feels smooth, there's none of the lag or artifacting when you quickly scroll through a page - super smooth. Only thing I'm disliking at the moment is the lack of ability to drag http addresses into the tab bar to open a new tab, and the lack of drag & drop feature from desktop to IE9.

I think I'll kick Google Chrome and use this as instead :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭wampyrus77

is only available Windows Vista or Windows 7. * *

• Internet Explorer - Microsoft Windows
      To install Internet Explorer 9, you need to be running Windows Vista or Windows 7. * * Find out what Windows 7 has to offer
      windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/products/ie/home
    only home users have Windows Vista or Windows 7. * *Most businesses, companies, colleges, schools are still running on XP

so isnt universal to every1 until Microsoft make it available to XP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

wampyrus77 wrote: »
    so isnt universal to every1 until Microsoft make it available to XP

Which is a huge huge number of computers. I can't see not being able to use IE9 a reason to upgrade to W7.

Advertisement