Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lighthouse Family at the Olympia

Options
  • 18-02-2011 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Has anyone ever been to the Olympia for a Standing Only concert - apparently this is what is happening on sat week for the Lighthouse Family (cant wait) but was wondering how they work it there with the balconies, etc - cant see it in my head!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Moved from Celebs & Showbiz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

It's not standing ONLY. It's standing on the ground floor, reserved seating on the Circle and unreserved seating on the Upper Circle.

They don't take up the seats on the balconies ever that I know of and Ticketmaster shows they're selling seated tickets for the two balconies.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sauvignon

ahhhh - now that makes more sense ! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Have to say this was a great gig. One of the best I have ever been too.

I know, hard to imagine your thinking.
    And Here was me thinking. "Yeh go see them. Nice chill out music, easy listening"

But WOW the atmosphere was great. The crowd were so loud. Unbelievable loud at times. I just got such a buzz from it. First live gig they done in years. Even they where surprised and overwhelmed by the Crowds reaction at times.
    They got a well deserved Welcome back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Bigus

I was at the gig too and i thought it was a missed opportunity to say the least.

Just like listening to their CD,so whats the point if a live gig can't rouse you ?

Lead singer was painfully shy and dull. He needs to go on a commuications course, his partner on the keyboard was out of his box.

hour and a half Padded out with similar sounding songs and just the five or so big hits.

If i was managing them i'd start off with a big hit and throw in a few modern cover versions of recent hits in their style and finish like they did, not the padded out sh1te of last night.

I genuinely saw a fella beside me fast asleep ! and a good few walked out after 20 mins. These guys would want to stop living on the past and put a bit of work into a new SHOW not a replay of times past.

• Advertisement

Bigus wrote: »
    I was at the gig too and i thought it was a missed opportunity to say the least.

Just like listening to their CD,so whats the point if a live gig can't rouse you ?

Lead singer was painfully shy and dull. He needs to go on a commuications course, his partner on the keyboard was out of his box.

hour and a half Padded out with similar sounding songs and just the five or so big hits.

If i was managing them i'd start off with a big hit and throw in a few modern cover versions of recent hits in their style and finish like they did, not the padded out sh1te of last night.

I genuinely saw a fella beside me fast asleep ! and a good few walked out after 20 mins. These guys would want to stop living on the past and put a bit of work into a new SHOW not a replay of times past.

Did you get free tickets? What did you expect?

But hey that's music for ya. We all have different taste's.

I'd say your defo wrong on anyone walking out. What I saw the Crowd loved it. Except you (o:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Bigus

Did you get free tickets? What did you expect?

But hey that's music for ya. We all have different taste's.

I'd say your defo wrong on anyone walking out. What I saw the Crowd loved it. Except you (o:

I expected a SHOW with a bit of life in it, not a live version of a CD

Bigus wrote: »
    I expected a SHOW with a bit of life in it, not a live version of a CD
    Think we had quite a different experience.

Ah sure you will know the next time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭stockdam

I didn't see anyone who was bored or who walked out. I did see a lot of people who really enjoyed it and who were up on their feet dancing.

I do however feel that they could have added a few cover versions to see how good a singer Tunde is.

They played at a bigger venue tonight in Belfast and it would be nice to hear how that went down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

why would anyone go to see an original band do cover versions?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

seachto7 wrote: »
    why would anyone go to see an original band do cover versions?

Well if it was someone like the lighthouse family playing i could understand -oh wait...

Ok ok, i'm sorry...

I am shocked they sold out the olympia though, not easy to do. Didn't think there were thank many people living on ocean drive...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sauvignon

Was at the concert at the olympia - i have been a fan for years and i thought they were excellent - who on earth wants to hear cover versions performed by them? LOVED it.

I don't know what some people expected.

There the Lighthouse Family. It's easy listening music at its best.
    Plus they where also alot bigger than ya think. So why do covers. They should be covered:)

"Their last tour was one of the highest selling of that year surpassed only by the Spice Girls"

Advertisement