Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glasvegas @ The Academy, 28th April

Options
  • 18-02-2011 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Glasvegas will make their return to the Irish live stage with a headline date at Dublin’s Academy on Thursday 28th of April.

Tickets priced €23.00 inclusive of booking fee are on sale from this Friday, 18th February at 9am from Ticketmaster outlets nationwide or online at www.ticketmaster.ie

With the release of their highly anticipated second album EUPHORIC/// HEARTBREAK \\\ due this April the Scottish band are back on the live scene. Their self titled debut album stormed the album charts in Ireland and the UK on its release in 2008 peaking at number 2 in both charts and was subsequently nominated for the Mercury Music Prize.

Looking forward to this gig. Loved the first album and their live performances. Got my tickets this morning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

So is there anybody going to this gig tonight or am I on my own ! :eek:

Im liking the second album alot. They played Mandella Hall in Belfast last night - Any reports ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Saw them live twice, thought they were absolutely terrible both times. The singer just cannot sing in my opinion

Saw them live twice, thought they were absolutely terrible both times. The singer just cannot sing in my opinion

I think your right in what you say about them not been good live but i think maybe one of these times was an early slot at Slane ? Often times as you know , festival sound can be poor and because they were a new band they may not have had great engineers. I have to say I ike his voice alot but it has been swallowed up by poor sound at gigs. Im hoping things will be good tonight in the academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

poteen wrote: »
    I think your right in what you say about them not been good live but i think maybe one of these times was an early slot at Slane ? Often times as you know , festival sound can be poor and because they were a new band they may not have had great engineers. I have to say I ike his voice alot but it has been swallowed up by poor sound at gigs. Im hoping things will be good tonight in the academy.
    Yea Slane and opening for Muse the year before in Marley Park, I know both poor venues sound wise, but even on the album versions I cannot stand his voice

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Duno how I only heard about this gig earlier today! Would love to be going, but got a big athletics race in the morning and moshing around like a looney tonight wouldnt be good ha! I've seen them live twice before, at Slane, which was also one of the 1st times i hard heard them ever, and they were amazing, such a cool loud festival sound to them!! Next time was when they supported U2 in Croker, and whereas they were savage at that, the crowd was totally rubbish and full of middle aged people who just wanted to see U2 ha. Hope they come back again soon!!

• Advertisement

Enjoyed the gig last night. The sound was good and band seemed well in to it. Big crowd there who were good. Played alot of the new album which for the most part sounded good.

For anyone that missed them, they are playing Oxegen this June.

Advertisement