Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions re:Local Business Listings in top 3 Search Engines

Options
  • 18-02-2011 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi All,

I wonder whether anyone can quickly clarify the best way for me to claim local business listings in Google local submission, Google Listings and Google Maps under different keywords and similarly for Yahoo, Bing etc?
    I have already submitted for Google and I expect that I will receive their unique personal identification number within 2 weeks but does Yahoo need a seperate Yahoo ID for each respective business listing (I would expect so)?
    Also, Bing doesn’t seem to have Ireland listed as a location but I find that hard to believe so what is the correct URL for local business submission for Yahoo and Bing and is there anything else I should note to make this listing more effective?

Any help or advice is much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Bing don't seem to have an Irish directory but you may have noticed that they are providing the mapping service for Facebook Places. Not sure what the long term plan is but it would give them a pretty good way of adding businesses outside of the USA. You should create your Facebook Place today.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ivorystraws

BrianD wrote: »
    Bing don't seem to have an Irish directory but you may have noticed that they are providing the mapping service for Facebook Places. Not sure what the long term plan is but it would give them a pretty good way of adding businesses outside of the USA. You should create your Facebook Place today.

I have added some business websites to the major search engine's local listings as it's obviously very important as local search is likely to drive the majority of local business traffic. So apart from Yahoo Local, Google Local and Facebook Places, what other sources would you recommend for local business promotion in Ireland apart from the obvious local classifieds, local directories, links from other local websites, chamber of commerce, local networking groups, complimentary businesses, local news, reviews of sites, and third party articles etc..?

Also, how important is it (for ranking purposes) to put the business name, address and phone number in the footer of each page?

Appreciate the helpful information.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭ivorystraws

This is a Marketing and SEO forum and nobody can provide helpful information specifically on local business SEO for small Irish companies (apart from the obvious and discussed options)?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭pfurey101

This is a Marketing and SEO forum and nobody can provide helpful information specifically on local business SEO for small Irish companies (apart from the obvious and discussed options)?

I didn't realise it was compulsory. Sorry!

Advertisement