Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Psp Repairing now missing 2 years on

Options
  • 18-02-2011 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭

Right this is going on two years now and well I am airing this on boards cause it still bothers me after all this time.

My Playstation psp was broken and I handed it into a Games Place on talbot street 3 Christmas's ago to be exact to be repaired.

Now I got a docket for it at the time.

I came back in the january and they said we dont know where it is.

Came back two months later again and they tried to hand me my psp or someone elses back to me without a battery to which I refused I said I wanted to see it working before I pay for it they said o.k.

Came back again and they said it is still in repair shop I said where is the repair shop can I give them a call he said no.

Came back again a week later I explain listen I would just like my psp back thats all I want or even just give me 80 euro that is what the psp is worth.

Now the psp was not broken badly at all I do not have the docket now but he has never asked me for the docket ever but.

But On the desk in the shop there is a log book all I want is my psp back or the money.

Do I stand a chance of getting it back.

I wondered if someone came in with me to get it back I have never had a problem like this ever at all it bothers me it has gone on this long.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

You are having the mickey taken out of you by 2 parties, them and yourself for allowing this to go on so long.

Send a letter , registered post with an explanation. Enclose details of the docket but not the docket itself.

In the letter tell them you will call in to collect in 2 weeks time else you will begin court proceedings.

If nothing happens & they dont return it come back here for further advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They have acted badly, but in fairness, you should have put an end to this a long time ago. You haven't put yourself in a good position by letting it go on for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

3 Christmas' ago? In all fairness OP,why did you let it go on for so long?
    I wouldn't bother with the small claims court,they'd more than likely throw it out for such a delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

What happened to the docket? You contacted them a number of times within 3-4 months and then a gap until now, correct? Have you talked to them recently?
    UrbanSea wrote: »
    I wouldn't bother with the small claims court,they'd more than likely throw it out for such a delay.

Can you back up this statement?

I read somewhere that in the case of a fault the consumer must act promptly or the right to claim is lost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

UrbanSea wrote: »
    I read somewhere that in the case of a fault the consumer must act promptly or the right to claim is lost.

In fairness, the OP said that they acted promptly multiple times. The service provider kept putting them off. I agree that the OP shouldn't have let it go so long, but I can understand.

I thought that aswell ranger,I wasn't sure how long the OP had waited before going in the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

... is going on two years...

...I handed it into a Games Place on talbot street 3 Christmas's ago...

I came back in the january...

Came back two months later...

Came back again...

Came back again a week later...

Took out all the fluff. Seems like the OP tried quite hard, and promptly, to gain a response.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

RangeR wrote: »
    Took out all the fluff. Seems like the OP tried quite hard, and promptly, to gain a response.

Still left unreasonable gap from initial spate of enquiries until now. Unreasonable time lag will have it thrown out in court.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭roboshatner

I have honestly never had a problem in a shop before like that.

Its a first and that's why I left it so long.

• Advertisement

Have you been in since Rob?

Advertisement